• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Off season fun

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
This off season toy I have had for 34 years...
PICT3981.jpg

Also have a couple of four wheelers, a dirt bike, an old shovelhead Harley, a Lund fishing boat and six horses...will have to dig up pics of all those. They are all out in the toy box...I mean barn for the winter:face-icon-small-coo

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana

A year and a half ago I pulled the moter to thow new rings and bearings in it I put it on a dyno before it went back in the car...motor dyno'd at 487 horse power and 535 ft lbs of torque:face-icon-small-sho definately fun to drive with a four speed trans...kind of like a point and shoot sled in the summer time..

Last edited:
D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Well........ I dug my cr250 out of storage today. It wont be long now so I better get my maintenance done on it.
It needs a right side crank seal. I struggled with jetting alot last year and finally figured out that the clutch side crank seal was leaking, and sucking trans oil into the crank case. I wasted a whole bunch of time in the carb mis-diagnosing this as jetting, but at least I have a very complete collection of jets and needles for tuning now lol.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I'm going sledding out West next week, but after that I think I'll be done for the season. There just isn't enough snow this year to hold my interest....and the jeep is beckoning.

It's getting that way here too fuzzy, bare streets and sidewalks everywhere. It's been about 15c (60f for you Americans) every day now for the last 3 weeks.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Well...

went sledding the other day..got home about 5pm...got cleaned up...and went to dinner...so i rode my zx9r ninja...who the hell would have thought that....sled, and ride your street bike the same day :face-icon-small-con

and who would have thought...something is broken on my 900...let the buddy ride it...didnt even get it started and he broke the recoil...rope is stuck fully extended now...had to tie it off and pull it over with the clutch strap all day long :mad2:

anyways..its sad to say, but the snow here SUCKS, so its off to meet up with skisucca this weekend...he only 3hrs away and he has 80" at his DOOR..WTF!

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Have a good trip Sean, I'm jealous for sure! I'm glad to hear some of you are still riding out the season, its over in my head. There are some places with recent snow but avy danger is way up, not worth it.
Within a week I will have my mx out anyways, so it will be easier to deal with. :face-icon-small-hap Fall is the long gap between mx and sled for me... a very sad time of year around my house:rant:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Not quite off season yet around here, tho it is coming up QUICK! Sad to think that March is going to be the month that many people throw in the towel this year:eek::(:rant:

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I picked up some goodies for my bike today!
Renthal Fatbars, a Tag Metals bar pad, Soft grips, new gloves, and my pre-season maint. parts, plus a sweet sand paddle... have to post a pic later.
Lots of bare ground now, I might even go for a short rip before I go back to work on friday!:face-icon-small-coo

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Well here's the tire I found, pretty cool design with a tribal flame pattern on the entire surface.
PICT0239.jpg

PICT0236.jpg

My new bar layout
PICT0234.jpg

And here's the sick levers I put on last year, Sunline Vince V1's. They can swing forward on a spring loaded pivot, and pop out of position up or down on a detent system. Pretty much un-breakable:face-icon-small-coo
PICT0230.jpg

PICT0231.jpg

PICT0233.jpg

PICT0240.jpg

And here's my new gas cap, just need to find a shorty vent hose
PICT0235.jpg

Honda gave me the wrong crank seal... I needed the clutch side seal, but they gave me the mag side. I didn't realize until I had the engine half apart! A friend is going by the shop tomorrow so hopefully they have the correct seal in stock and I can have it picked up. I would like to have this back together asap, a trip to the sand could pop up anytime here! BraaAAAp

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Dope Dan..
try getting come of your parts your looking for from..

www.rockymountainmc.com

even ebay of coarse..

great looking setup...just needs some sweet powder coat now, lol...wait till im done doing my dirtbikes this summer...will be powder coated to the hilt ;) what else is there in life...

p.s. i bought another 900..;) (06) :eek:

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Do I spell a special project with this new 900 acquisition Sean??

Yeah... you and your powder coating lol, Ive been searching for a certain home kit to do my own.. haven't found it just yet.

And thank you for the link, looks like some good pricing! I just have to dig up the Canadian shipping info.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Ugh lol... international shipping is lame
Order Total Total shipping rate – To your door:
$0.01 to $99.00 $30
$99.01 to $199.00 $54
$199.01 to $299.00 $75
$299.01 to $399.00 $100
$399.01 to $499.00 $125
$25 for each $100 beyond $499...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Do I spell a special project with this new 900 acquisition Sean??

Yeah... you and your powder coating lol, Ive been searching for a certain home kit to do my own.. haven't found it just yet.

And thank you for the link, looks like some good pricing! I just have to dig up the Canadian shipping info.

no special project...the sled was advertised as a 975 with updated crank..come to fin out, its a standard 900 with stock crank, lol...cant win them all..but it was wrecked pretty good..paid what one would for 2 sets of fox floats (front) at MSRP ;)

Ugh lol... international shipping is lame
WEAK...that does blow...thats more reason to move your A to my neck of the woods and be my new besty :rose:

A
Nov 28, 2009
Michigan
Off Season

Very short winter here - el nino winter - had to call it quits last month! Might have to cut the grass next week.:face-icon-small-fro
This is what I enjoy the rest of the time. Funny, somone mentioned riding their sled and going home to get the bike out - done that myself. That's a good day.

DSCN0588.jpg

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Almost lawn mowing time here too! Or at least I can start re-seeding my front lawn (from sled damage lol)
I got to have another sort of mountain fun today....
As some of you may have figured out... I am a heavy equipment operator and work at a coal mine. Today I was doing some pioneering work on a D10 dozer where they are trying to build a new haul road up a mountain side. The places I climbed up and down today made me almost empty my stomach contents a few times lol.
If your not living on the edge, your taking up too much space.:thumb:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ready to hunt 450's with my CR250! who's first

BRING IT DANNY BOY...with 2 busted up knees...i would own your and your 2stroke..LOL!!!

well, i FINALLY got out to ride my 07 KTM 450 yesterday..for the first time...bought it in early dec...

i have never been a KTM fan...but bought it for a few reasons..

--cheap
--i like black and orange lol
--it was setup pretty well in aftermarket parts already
--it has electric start, and i need that this summer after my knee surgery
--the wife said no you cant have it...so that drove me to have it..

all i have to say about that KTM now...holy $H!T...that thing RIPS!!

Premium Features