• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stock or aftermarket track?

S

scarlier

Dec 29, 2009
Sicamous, BC
I am putting the MCX 240 kit on my 2010 162 SE and want to know if my stock track is going to work or if i need to upgrade. I was told that the stock track wont last? Is this true and if so what works the best with the stock suspension setup? I mostly ride Golden and Revy!

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Your keeping the stock skid so why not just keep the stock track, it will work just fine, upgrade to a better track after you wear this one out. I have a challenger extreme and already blew off a lug, ALL tracks wear out, dont worry about it. Enjoy your turbo 4-stroke!!

S
Dec 6, 2009
I used the stock track last year and was dissapointed, the track lugs folded over and just sanded, they didn't dig in... they are actually permanently bent over now. I cut them off at 1.5" for the flat landing and will buy a Cammo Extreme for my next ride west.

J
Nov 27, 2007
the stock track will last, there are better tracks out there but I wouldnt be panicked in getting one. Run yours and decide if you want to upgrade. julio

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Its funny that people are worried about a track not lasting so they would buy a aftermarket track and throw out a brand new stock track with out wearing it out first.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Isn't the 2010 track supposed to be improved over the earlier tracks (don't know if it really is)? I wouldn't judge it by how poor the 2008-09 tracks were (and yes, they did suck!).

Premium Features