• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any Evo Vipers out there??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That sucks.... I hope you are correct and it just flat rips!
Besides some fitment issues and needing to tweak the clutching to my taste, it has been completely perfect otherwise. I'm sure the install is a good part of that but, perhaps they had a few adjustments they made during your time getting it installed and finished that I didn't deal with... I'll cross my fingers for you.
Let us know how it runs!
Just as soon as I have it back I will let everyone know

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I ground the bump on the heel of the ramp on the Daltons off, and ground some more off the underside to get the weights to 68 grams total. Then I put in the soft start primary spring from Barn Of Parts and 6mm primary clutch spring shim. Couldn't be happier, engages under 3000 rpm and pulls even from start on up....no odd shifting. 9200+ on low boost setting and 9600+ on high boost setting, very handy to have just one clutch setting for both boost settings.

Thought I would run low setting so I could run pump gas but it is SOOO much fun on high looks like I will be buying a lot of racing fuel.

So far not a lot.
All I've done so far is twist the guts out of the secondary, 9/3 on the stock spring and their helix. And ground some weight off the tip of the daltons they sent.
I will keep adjusting until it perfect but the way it is, it back shifts solid and holds rpm, but still is giving up some up shift in the mid range, and not shifting out all the way.
This is at about the 8-9000' range.
I think it needs more finish on the helix, and a stiffer secondary spring with less twist...
But again as is, it rips. Just leaves a little left for me to try for!

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
I ground the bump on the heel of the ramp on the Daltons off, and ground some more off the underside to get the weights to 68 grams total. Then I put in the soft start primary spring from Barn Of Parts and 6mm primary clutch spring shim. Couldn't be happier, engages under 3000 rpm and pulls even from start on up....no odd shifting. 9200+ on low boost setting and 9600+ on high boost setting, very handy to have just one clutch setting for both boost settings.

Thought I would run low setting so I could run pump gas but it is SOOO much fun on high looks like I will be buying a lot of racing fuel.

Understood. I don't find the primary needs much work, just tuning to get rpm at shift. The secondary, and therefore the shift is what needs attention. Atleast for me.
Also keep in mind, if you are not running the 3" track your clutching will be different. The added torque loading the 3" puts on the secondary may be why I wasn't pleased with the setup as it was...

Last edited:
Premium Features