• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project Time and Money Pit!

Powder Man

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2009
Kennewick wa
I bought my 2010 nytro in the fall of 09 brand new with the sole intention of turboing it. That first season I rode it stock and could barely stand it as it just didn't perform as well as my previous skidoo rev 800.

The 2010/11 season I bought a factory backed push turbo and installed it myself. I have had zero mechanical problems with the turbo or sled since then.
Well I'm sure many of you have been bitten by the more power bug like me, I haven't stopped adding parts each year to make my sled as close to perfect as I can.

2011/12 I installed push's upgrade which involves sending your manifold so they can install an extra injector and your fuel controller for a remap. I'll be honest for the $450 it cost I was hoping for a little more. Part of the problem I'm sure is I couldn't fuel anymore than 10lbs due to the stock fuel pump.

2012/13 season didn't change a whole lot besides switching tracks to a 2.5 camo extreme. For all you guys that haven't done a track swap I would say it is a necessity especially under boost, a huge difference in performance!
Which brings me to this season. I just tonight completed my install of a used oem lightweight rear suspension kit (thanks greasemonkey). Not going to lie it was a chore taking every bit of six hours. Probably could be done on less time but I have ice age rails and the included mounting template didn't match up so u had to figure out where to mount the arms and front shock on my own, anyhow hopefully I like it or my next years mod will be new rear skid. I began the install of mpi's fuel pump upgrade while not overly hard is fairly time consuming. I also bought mpi's stage 1 upgrade as I feel an intercooler is a better option than just the added 3rd injector like push has. To top it all off I also purchased physcosled's bridge controller with autotune, my hope is I'll no longer have to make adjustments and that it will allow me to run more boost. While I didn't take step by step install pics, this is where I'm at now.
na5ese3e.jpg
se6e7uve.jpg

autopro

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2006
Vancouver Island BC
I know what you mean by money pit. Now I just don't keep track of how much money I spend!! You will like the MPI upgrade and Bridge controller. The only adjustment I make now is the manual boost control as I go up and down in elevation.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Sounds like you have the power upgrades under control. I see you have an OFT relocate, that's good. Your next step is to improve handling and fix the running boards!

Powder Man

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2009
Kennewick wa
I've got wrp boards on already but would like to step up to some skins style boards in the future. I plan on buying some forward a arms as well but my mod budget is pretty shot this year! Besides I've learned to ride it as is pretty well, If the forward arm kits change it that much I'll be shocked.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I've got wrp boards on already but would like to step up to some skins style boards in the future. I plan on buying some forward a arms as well but my mod budget is pretty shot this year! Besides I've learned to ride it as is pretty well, If the forward arm kits change it that much I'll be shocked.

You'd be surprised.

autopro

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2006
Vancouver Island BC
ma7ujene.jpg
. If you want to spend even more money add the tunnel extension,174x2.5 track,Timbersled suspension Avid drivers and Ice Age rails. :)
gy3ysuvu.jpg

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana

Mountain Tech is right, you will be surprised what the forward arms do! I installed CR's 3 inch forward 37 inch arms on my sled a couple weeks ago and wow what a difference. I did not realize a 174 could maneuver like that....

V
Aug 6, 2010
Chilliwack BC
I put a four inch forward positioning front end on my 174 nytro. And yes, NIGHT AND DAY difference. We figured it took off about 40 lbs off front end and onto front of track in the centre of gravity. I took of the stock stabilizer bar also and it's amazing. I can boondock like a two stroke, side hill way easier and it also made a huge difference on pounded out trails at the end of the day. Worth every penny. For about 400 bucks, best mod for money on that sled.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I put a four inch forward positioning front end on my 174 nytro. And yes, NIGHT AND DAY difference. We figured it took off about 40 lbs off front end and onto front of track in the centre of gravity. I took of the stock stabilizer bar also and it's amazing. I can boondock like a two stroke, side hill way easier and it also made a huge difference on pounded out trails at the end of the day. Worth every penny. For about 400 bucks, best mod for money on that sled.

How do you transport your sled?

Premium Features