• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EZ ryde skid.......rear hose on shock keeps tearing.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
I've repaired several
And never had a repeat complaint
The hoses I use are different

The shock EZ Ryde uses now works very well
And is made by them
So..... Yeah they are not going to recommend something else

All the shocks mentioned in this thread are nitrogen charged

I'm amazed you have not had more failures with the Foxs

I am a dealer for EZ Ryde, Exit, Fox etc
I can valve and spring any shock
TETON PERFORMANCE
BOB TOMB
307-413-4807

If there is a "better" hose why dont they install that instead of the ones that keeps breaking.
I have never had a failure with the shock just the hose.
Yes, skid, shock and reservoir are mounted correctly I have had it checked a few times.
We put on a pile of miles and some extremely rough/giant mogul trails to get to the alpine.
I would have jumped at the new shock if they would have given me a better deal. shrug...

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Ballpark price on a hose fix and recharge? My valving was ok until I tore the hose off twice.

I've repaired several
And never had a repeat complaint
The hoses I use are different

The shock EZ Ryde uses now works very well
And is made by them
So..... Yeah they are not going to recommend something else

All the shocks mentioned in this thread are nitrogen charged

I'm amazed you have not had more failures with the Foxs

I am a dealer for EZ Ryde, Exit, Fox etc
I can valve and spring any shock
TETON PERFORMANCE
BOB TOMB
307-413-4807

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Christian doesnt work with the ez ryde part anymore, just a FYI.

They are going to repair my shock and send it back.

They would give me a new shock at dealer cost but no other deal as apparently they are just selling so many shocks.

Cody did finally admit and they have had multiple shock failures but feels they have had very few repeat failures and is blaming install.

I call total BS on this. Since they are building there own shocks to reduce the problem with their design I still think they should offer there current customers a better deal.........maybe I am wrong.

My next skid will be a racers edge or M10. My skid is set up now and works decent but I hate poor customer service.

If I could find a used m 10 for close to what I could sell my skid for I would do it.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
I wish I knew what I did but I had this happen 3x and then my dealer did something but it has been like 5 years and 6 skids later. My hose kept tearing and we tried to mount it a few different places. As you said EZRyde was zero help. My dealer guessed it was possibly ice hitting and tearing holes in it. He finally got a different hose and it never happened again.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Do you have happen to have the dealer info i can get information on hose?

Any others have spare fox zero rear shocks sitting around. Would be nice to have a spare if this happens again.

Also been trying to dream up some sort of shield / sheath to reduce pull on hose.

C
Feb 23, 2009
e-z ryde shocks

I have a set of stock e-z ryde shocks with only 500 mi.on them
for 300$ shipped for the pair.

they worked fine for me but I have an aftermarket tunnel on my apex.
put a set of floats on in there place to lighten a little.

pm me if interested.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
I would be looking just for the rear shock. Since they have discontinued this shock line I would be looking at paying just for the shipping. Bascially looking for someones shock that is laying around taking up space that can be used really for nothing else. If I have to sink any more money into this skid it would be on a totally different shock set up.

Thanks
Tues

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Havent you figured out yet this isn't a cheap hobby? I have been reading your posts for years and pretty much every second one you are whining about cost?? What gives man??? If its that painful hang it up....

Looks like someone has their panties in a bunch. Dont you have some jewelry to peddle? If you are looking for some self direction feel free to continue. :face-icon-small-dis

Premium Features