• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit bogging and low idle

O
Mar 13, 2011
Hi i have a 98 ski doo summit which always runs good but recently we ve had so pretty deep powder and i seems really boggy and seems like its running on one cylinder and later i stop its idleing at the 0 mark on the rmp guage and i rev it up let it sit and idle and it starts to climb and later finnally gets back up to the normal iddle mark and it runs fine but it does this each day i ride for the last cuple days and it seems to bog down alot and seems like it had no power in the snow and has farely new plugs this year so i dont know what the problem would be??? and after i turn it off and back on it runs fine again until a while later seems to bog again so i dont no whats goin on??
Feedback would be aprieciated!
Thanks!!

S
Jan 17, 2010
" after i turn it off and back on it runs fine again until a while later seems to bog again"

Don't know if its the case? but it sounds alot like what my sled was doing till I gutted the HAC, then rejetted it all. check all lines

Last edited:
O
Mar 13, 2011
" after i turn it off and back on it runs fine again until a while later seems to bog again"

Don't know if its the case? but it sounds alot like what my sled was doing till I gutted the HAC, then rejetted it all. check all lines

No I doubt it's the case cuz it was juSt checked over cuz of a new track and it was looked over so I'm guessing I have either water in my tank bad blog wires or need a carb clean? And ideas?

S
Jan 17, 2010
Pop off the carbs bowls, take out and check the pilot jet, and mainjet.

Inspect for crap throughout the carbs.

Blow a little compressed air through it all.

Then put them back on and sync the carbs while you're there. Check your idle mix screws on the sides of the carbs. Turn them in softly till they firm up and stop, then back them out(left) around 1 1/2 tuns.

"Don't confuse idle mix srew with idle screws."Idle mix screws are the small little ones.

Some of this stuff may not be the problem but if your cleaning carbs/checking for gunk, then you might as well do this.There can be allot of variables but id start with carbs,good fuel.

Does this model have the high altitude comp?

Premium Features