• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

If you are running a MPI Supercharger

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
One other question. I assume the system is making changes based on the o2 sensor. Does it have a fail safe built in so if/when the o2 sensor fails the motor will not self destruct??

Thanks

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
One other question. I assume the system is making changes based on the o2 sensor. Does it have a fail safe built in so if/when the o2 sensor fails the motor will not self destruct??

Thanks

The O2 sensor is simply a "fine tuning" tool. It irons out any small idiosyncrasies that the base map may overlook. Small issues like the rich idle and low RPM "burbles" inherent in the Nytro. It is an "add-on", and if it fails it will not be detrimental... That being said, it should not fail if the proper fuel is being used.

The simple fact is that many of our "test sleds" did away with the O2 system for one reason or another. It works VERY well, but is somewhat inconsequential in the overall performance of the system. (i.e. - it "fine tunes", but base performance of the system is so far beyond others on the market, it is almost overkill, and unnoticeable to most riders)

I still run the O2 on my sled because it allows for tuning out of many OEM "irritations" inherent in the Nytro fuel mapping, as well as small changes that smooth the map through the entire band. Call me anal, but I like things spot on... That is EXACTLY why there is a brand new (3 year old) GEMS controller in my toolbox. I wanted it right - not just okay... hence the PsychoSled controller.

There are different configurations available; it is simply up to you preference concerning level of performance...

frees-tyler

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Prince Albert, SK
I'm confused...I'm quite sure the MPI ECU Reflash upgrade does not do away with the GEMS as it is required for it's boost sensing feature. Is the product Psychosled Industries offering different?

Last edited:
M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Please read the edit made above in post #77

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3173535&postcount=77

We do not wish to mislead customers concerning the dangers of boost, or aftermarket fuel systems that can trash an engine. The initial boost numbers I posted are at the very far end of the OEM components capabilities, and if you wish to run that hard - it could end poorly for you.

We tested to these limits to provide customers with the best product they can get. We are the test dummies - so you don't need to be.

Please - Limit your boost numbers to those listed in red above with our system, ensure you use the very best fuel you can, and use an accelerator to add a cushion.

Premium Features