• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ECU1 flashing twice on 09 M1000

A

AK Brian

Jan 19, 2009
Wasilla, Alaska
Does anyone know what ECU1 flashing twice means. It flashes 2 times and then the code ECU17 flashes which I know means exhaust sensor is bad which I replaced 4 times already on warranty now I have to pay $116 for a new one. If you know of any tricks to make this sensor live longer please advise. I have wraped it on heat tape and put a wire tie on the wire so it doesn't pull. Thanks in advance for any help with these problems. Happy Holidays

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
It is the sensor code causing you to get the #1 code.

I would check your wiring harness. I have seen several that had pinches or shorted wires before the sensor plug that were causing the problem. You can just put a resistor in the fool the ECU if you want or get the GM probe.

A

AK Brian

Jan 19, 2009
Wasilla, Alaska
Thanks Racing station. I went through and unplugged and plugged back in all wire connections and the ECU1 code is gone. Thanks again!!! Now if I can figure out how to stop the exhaust sensor from frying. Is it the heat that is taking this sensor out??

Premium Features