• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what about this?

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
So,, I am sitting in our motorhome thinking about snow, and the fight over it. When I realize that the fight isn't about snowmobiles it's about WATER.. For example, take fresh unpacked snow in the spring. How long would the snow pack last if the snow was left alone? There is a fight brewing in our area over water rights. Ya, some will say that fight has been going on for a long time but, not to the extent of what is coming. Like it's said,, control the water control the people. This is why snowmobiling is being attacked the way it is. NOT because of all of the other excuses being used. Hope this makes sense or hasn't been said already.Work has been slow but the phone has been ringing as of late so that's a good thing. We just purchased a net book to get back on line, been off for a while trying to get set up on undeveloped land for the winter. We are living in our motorhome thanks to greed.

Check out What about this II further up.. One more part is in the works..

Last edited:
S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
I agree with you, about the water and the fight for it. This is what I had to say on another thead, about the snow pack and the water. Along with some other views on other things.

These people that are on the far left, that want us out of the forest, truely believe that they know what is best for us, and what is best for our saftey, and the enviroment. So they are going to protect us, and protect the things that don't come into there scope of recreation. They don't use these places in the winter let alone the summer, but they know, they have to protect this place, protect the animals, that are in lower elevations this time of yr. Protect the grass and plants, that we never toch. IMO the things that we do cause are, a longer lasting snow pack, for a longer run off, of much needed water for our commuintys and farms. Easier travel for the small animals, that do stay in the mountains for the winters, which makes it easier for them to get to water, look for food, expend less energy to protect themsleves from predetors. If indeed that we are disturbing these animals, then why do the birds come and site in trees just feet from where we eat lunch? why do the squierls run back and forth in the trail when we are eating lunch? Perhaps because they are looking for some left over trail mix, dried fruit, or what ever it is that you eat,. LOL. IMO it is not about us. It is about them doing what the think is right, and they are going to save the day, right or wrong. And I believe they are wrong!!!!!

We keep fighting the good fight!

Last edited:
D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
very good points! Last year my wife had birds landing in her hand eating some fried chicken (sort of ironic). She had two at once I think they were called camp robbers. Kind of cool.

After the Sleds are all illegal then the next step for the enviro nazis will be to outlaw the Elk and deer..after all they piss and crap in the streams that turn into their drinking water.

Its all about them..either their way or the highway.

An old man(WWII Vet) I met in South America had a good solution for many problems..as he sipped on the Barcadi he wouild just smile and say "Rockets and missles" seems fair to me.

Premium Features