• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

carb needle question

o5 t vector lean off idle to just under half throttle but my needle has no adjustment now what? anyone have a list of needles that may guide my dilema?????? how would a stronger cv spring affect this??? any ideas would help:confused:

turboyammy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Billings
Welcome to the T Vector carb party! I have the same problem and am still messing around with adjustments. I had the slide machined so I could use shims to adjust the needle so that is possible, just not as easy as I was used to.

were you able to get enough adjustment on the stock needles after machiening to make the difference????? been trying to cross over the needles with not much luck. seems like the adjustable needles from a 96 kawi klx650r might be a possible solution.slightly thinner on top to allow more fuel. Have you tried any other needles (dont want to waste time and money)???????

Y
I am no expert here, but I have a stage one supercharger that I run on a vector In Alaska. Not much help tuning these things,as not too many built like the RX1 or Apex. I read 15+ pounds on my boost gauge. I had a lean spot at about 1/4 throttle. I added a polaris needle shim from an rmk and this really seemed to help. Still a minor flat spot, might could use another shim. Any way just my 2 cents hope it helps.

Premium Features