• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Going to drop some $$$ getting 975

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M
Sep 19, 2008
Green River Wyoming
I hope it works for you every thing I have done with carls has been the best service I have ever had from any dealer if you dont like it they wiil try to make it better and they will. good luck lets hear how it runs after the reflash

H
Dec 3, 2007
MASON,MI
BIGGDAWG, have faith! Your project will come around, my carls kit rocked when I put it together. the first chance I had to ride it was up Snowking. Carls busted *** getting it to me for the race and I headed out west. Nate Zollinger told me to run about 250 screws and 10 titanium 2 1/2" paddles, with my flatlander mentallity I put in 500 screws and 20 paddles. I almost flipped it over backwards at about 80 miles an hour going through the timing lights on my qualifying run. It would just about ripp your arms off after each gate and would stand on it's tail any time you wacked it. I am going to be in IP on the 10th, hope to see you there,Hood.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
BIGGDAWG, have faith! Your project will come around, my carls kit rocked when I put it together. the first chance I had to ride it was up Snowking. Carls busted *** getting it to me for the race and I headed out west. Nate Zollinger told me to run about 250 screws and 10 titanium 2 1/2" paddles, with my flatlander mentallity I put in 500 screws and 20 paddles. I almost flipped it over backwards at about 80 miles an hour going through the timing lights on my qualifying run. It would just about ripp your arms off after each gate and would stand on it's tail any time you wacked it. I am going to be in IP on the 10th, hope to see you there,Hood.

I am keeping the faith, just have to get it dialed in. maybe we can meet up when we are out there. like to hook up with some guys that know the area so we can learn it.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Get out there and ride that thing! Hopefully car's mapping will work out for you. Let me know if its worth it. Good luck.

the snow sucks here we got a half inch of rain or more and melted most of the snow and made it crap. no riding to day :(

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Yee Haaa she is running great!!!!

Well i got the Carl's flashed ECU installed and replaced the head o-rings in the 975.

Today we took it out for a ride here at home in iowa about 1000 feet. I put 11-74's in it and my bro had 11-72's in his 900. All i Can say is WOW!!!!

she is pulling 7950-8050 and screaming. my bro's is pulling 7850-7950 so i definitely have more hp now we are running the same team tied secondary. and the back shift is absolutely awesome. we have the 75 57 .46/75-59 .46 helix in the 57 posistion and a red green spring 120/220 in the secondary.

This sled is a totally different sled. it is an animal. Punch the loud lever and it lifts the skis and flies. It has good mid range response and if you are running 30-40 mph and punch it it pulls the skis about 1-1.5 feet in the air and you are at 80-90 before you know it. it actually scared me :D:D

So hopefully my saga is over. i am very impressed how it is running now. It is running like i thought it should

I am glad carl's flash is working with my htg set up. I just wish carl's had been selling the kits and i wouldn't have had to mess with htg. Now if Island park would get some good snow before we head out there in 2 weeks it would be great.

Thanks for all the input guys it was well worth calling carl's i was going to change back to a 900 it was running so bad. Glad i didn't now.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Thats good news BD ! Guess carls has their reputation for a reason. the snowies ,island park whats next ? Lucky bastage !

Franz

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Logan, UT
great news :beer; I'll have to take notes on your clutching specs! I wonder why you wound up with the bad ecm? it sounds like it was way off. I'm sure it is very different now. :cool:

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Well we need to get on the horn as a whole and "convince" carls to restart their efforts on the 975. I know it is a longshot but I pray it could happen. I don't wanna buy another sled!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Wow, glad to hear you got her rippin....

That sounds like too much power to me... I'm pretty happy with my basically stock motor, haha:eek::D:D

Premium Features