• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No headlight or handwarmers help!

P
Nov 21, 2016
I have replaced all the relays and checked 2 amp fuses. I have verified my headlight works on another sled. I am currently not getting the full dc chassis power (14.5v?). I’ve heard maybe a magneto stator coil? What could be the issue?

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
sounds easy but have you checked the connections in the harness bag? my hand warmers were so corroded i was surprised they carried any current.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I have heard of several others having this issue, ,most were just a connector that wasn't fully snapped in. On one of my sleds I had no hand warmers and only low beams worked, the dealer never could find the exact problem but they finally just replaced the main wiring harness under warranty and everything worked good after that.

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Clean and wire brush grounds at bumper

Check stator connector closely

Check connectors and connections in the bag under the bars closely. Try disconnecting connectors one at a time with sled running to see if there’s a change (short to ground)

Check headlight and grip heater connectors at switches

Check each leg of voltage regulator.

Ohm test stator.

Report back

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
that's what my stator connector by the clutch looked like on my '09. it stopped hitting top rpm then i noticed the wires were melted.

L
Dec 30, 2016
My 16 had same issues with hand warmers not working and headlight flickering and eventually didn't work. Dealer replaced voltage regulator under warranty, haven't had a problem since.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
im not sure if they are the same or not but i have had the connector on the back side of the console switches can work loose ,same symptom , just something to check

Premium Features