• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled Strut Fitment

Nov 6, 2012
Hoping someone can answer tell me if my strut rod from my fit kit will work on my new to me bike.

Details:
2015 Timbersled ST with strut rod for 2014 KTM 500XCW (i.e. adjustable length strut rod for PDS with the rotating fittings on the ends).
Can I use this strut rod on if I move the kit to a 2014 KTM 450XCF (i.e. linkage bike).

Thanks in advance.

heliwrench

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2015
It should work. If you go on timbersleds website they have a search tool where you can put in your track kit, old bike, and new bike, and it will say if you need any different parts to make it all fit. It says you shouldn't need any. There is also a fitment chart on their website. It shows all the specific bushing required for each bike and the strut length. You will need a different set of upper strut bushings, they should have come with your 500 fit kit.

It calls for the same strut P/N in both install kits. So I would imagine you would be able to adjust it from the 14 3/16" req'd for the 500 to the 13" req'd for the 450 xc-f. I have a 2014 500 exc which is the same as xc-w and it looks like the strut could be shortened at least 2" so you should be fine as long as you have those different upper bushings.

Premium Features