• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yet another review

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
first let me start by saying this is only my opinion.
if you disagree fine, not looking to debate my statements.
just finished my 3rd ride in deep dry snow. now @ 41%
break in and couldn't be more thrilled with this machine.
it has exceeded my expectations in every way. it does everything well. its a f-ing beast. does it feel super powerful ,ahh no. but I just put a solid axys rider on it
and he loved it. said it felt like 20 hp over the poo.
infact all 7 guys in the group agreed it was the sled to own.
the typical odd steering comments, other than that only praises. pulling hills in deep untouched snow there was
no comparison, not even close. really love the track:face-icon-small-hap. im getting excited about riding like I haven't been in 10+yrs
NICE JOB DOO

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
I couldn't agree more. The sled acts like a well tuned big bore. When the track hooks it is taking you places.
The power is no where near a turbo sled, but will take you places most stock sleds could not. It is nimble and needs minimal rider input to side hill or maneuver. This sled will definitely set the bar for the competition next year.
You can nit pick the small things on this sled, but I have rode the sled straight from the dealer, no suspension changes or clutching. I kept an eye on my belt wear, after 30 or 40 miles I noticed the belt falling apart. Swapped new one in and will see how long it last. I hope it will not continue eating belts, but I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. Only thing I have had to do was tighten my throttle assembly so it would not spin on my bars anymore.

M
Apr 24, 2016
Yukon
I couldn't agree more. The sled acts like a well tuned big bore. When the track hooks it is taking you places.
The power is no where near a turbo sled, but will take you places most stock sleds could not. It is nimble and needs minimal rider input to side hill or maneuver. This sled will definitely set the bar for the competition next year.
You can nit pick the small things on this sled, but I have rode the sled straight from the dealer, no suspension changes or clutching. I kept an eye on my belt wear, after 30 or 40 miles I noticed the belt falling apart. Swapped new one in and will see how long it last. I hope it will not continue eating belts, but I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. Only thing I have had to do was tighten my throttle assembly so it would not spin on my bars anymore.

keep an eye on your max rpm... there is a small chance that the 850s are pulling too many rpm for a given clicker setting... for example, there is a guy who says he was riding powder at 5K+ elevation and was running 81xx all day on setting 1.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I think it is an awesome sled. It was my first ride out so nothing to compare it to. I haven't had my axys out with it yet. I want to ride a t3 and then jump on it. It does feel more predictable and gets on the snow better than an xm. The track seems to be the real deal. As far as hitting the throttle and throwing you off the back, well, not even close. It seems to have good power but was a first ride of the year. I wasn't that impressed with the axys throttle response until I rode a pro and then jumped back on the axys. They definitely don't seem to nose dive like an xm can. Also a big difference in the trees with narrow panels and better boards and ground clearance. Hand warmers don't work as good as xm was really my only gripe. My wife's is a 165. I can't wait to try my buddy's 154 and swap between another buddy's t3 154. Awesome sled for sure.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The sleds seem to get more power as you work through the break in. I was disappointed with both my 850 at first because they didn't seem like the one I rode last year. Now both mine are down to 40% and they have noticeably more power than when I first rode them. The one I had last year was at 40% so I have yet to ride a fully broken in one but I can't wait to see what they are like.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I think it is an awesome sled. It was my first ride out so nothing to compare it to. I haven't had my axys out with it yet. I want to ride a t3 and then jump on it. It does feel more predictable and gets on the snow better than an xm. The track seems to be the real deal. As far as hitting the throttle and throwing you off the back, well, not even close. It seems to have good power but was a first ride of the year. I wasn't that impressed with the axys throttle response until I rode a pro and then jumped back on the axys. They definitely don't seem to nose dive like an xm can. Also a big difference in the trees with narrow panels and better boards and ground clearance. Hand warmers don't work as good as xm was really my only gripe. My wife's is a 165. I can't wait to try my buddy's 154 and swap between another buddy's t3 154. Awesome sled for sure.

Read this in the hand warmer thread. It appears they are dealer adjustable.
d032b8a4f9ae88cb4d029cc83698f3b0.png

L
Mar 8, 2008
Dealer can not set the max temperature but since there are only one switch controling both hand and thumb they can adjust how much juice the thumb gets compared to the hands.
Mine is set so the thumb gets 40% of the power the hands get.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Dealer can not set the max temperature but since there are only one switch controling both hand and thumb they can adjust how much juice the thumb gets compared to the hands.
Mine is set so the thumb gets 40% of the power the hands get.
So did. Your sled come with both cranked up as high was they could go?

Premium Features