• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRP air intake kit

P
Mar 3, 2013
has anyone bought the air intake upgrade from brp.
the "heavy duty" intakes
art nr: 860201399

i rode with the xtreme air vents kit on my xm and thinking about going the oem kit or the xtreme air vents upgrade for my gen4.

any one have first hand experience with the oem kit?

860201399_1.jpg

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
have had them on order since july..dealer says next week it should be off of backorder

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
To bad the "heavy duty" ones are an accessory option and not stock with how prone to tearing they are. I saw an XM last year with what looked like an aluminum screen over the stock intakes. Has anyone else seen this and/or know who makes it?

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
I haven't needed to replace the air intakes that came from the factory on my previous sleds.

I ordered the prefilter kit for the front bumper which I have run on previous sleds without tearing those either. These have been on order since early October and are supposed to arrive next week. In the mean time I used fiberglass screen door material (very cheap and cost effective) to cover the stock front bumper opening. Cut to shape and duct taped to body, works well but lacks aesthetically?

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
To bad the "heavy duty" ones are an accessory option and not stock with how prone to tearing they are. I saw an XM last year with what looked like an aluminum screen over the stock intakes. Has anyone else seen this and/or know who makes it?
I think extreme air vents has some.

P
Mar 3, 2013
thanks for the replys.
i was at the dealer today, no sleds for a few weeks but some accesories have arrived.

the intake kit was one of them. and i have to say i´m dissapointed. they are almost the same as the stock intakes except for a fine "plastic" net "glued" on the inside. i doubt they will stop damage from smaller branches. and why didn't they come stock on the sled from the factory seems pointless to pay an extra 150 for small netting

diggler

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Kalispell, MT
i vote extreme air vents, have them on my XM due to poking a stick thru them. Have noticed no issues with power loss and highly unlikely to get a stick thru them again.

Premium Features