• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No need to Burp!

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Yea it was crazy to see the difference. We had last years doo and the 850 side by side this weekend and the old one took 1.5 gallon after being burped and I couldnt get anymore into the 850.

M
Nov 9, 2010
redding, ca
100% DISAGREE

I 100% disagree with the no burping on the 850, I have several hundred miles on my 850 Summit X and I'm 100% off break in. After my first 3 rides I noticed that my buddies (on Polaris sleds) had a lot more fuel left at the end of the day than I did and that didn't seem right since for the majority of that I was riding a little easier than they were since their sleds were already broken in. So I started to pay attention fueling up and at the pump I would fill it all the way to the start of the fuel neck and when I got to where we ride and unloaded I would re-check my fuel level (sled was not started since fill up) and it would be down about 3-4 inches from where the level was when I filled up. So I would OBVIOUSLY say there is still a fuel tank / burping issue in these 850's.

M
Feb 27, 2016
Did my first ride on the past week-end, have one to no bar at the end of the ride on gaz tank gauge... I was quite nervous about running out of fuel..

I fueled it, and I add 26 litters.

Is there any light ? As I said, I had no bar on the gauge... and still had 10 litters lefts.

Any concern ?

I 100% disagree with the no burping on the 850, I have several hundred miles on my 850 Summit X and I'm 100% off break in. After my first 3 rides I noticed that my buddies (on Polaris sleds) had a lot more fuel left at the end of the day than I did and that didn't seem right since for the majority of that I was riding a little easier than they were since their sleds were already broken in. So I started to pay attention fueling up and at the pump I would fill it all the way to the start of the fuel neck and when I got to where we ride and unloaded I would re-check my fuel level (sled was not started since fill up) and it would be down about 3-4 inches from where the level was when I filled up. So I would OBVIOUSLY say there is still a fuel tank / burping issue in these 850's.

Is it possible the fuel 'contracted' in the cold tempreture to make up that 3-4 inches of difference in your tank?

M
Nov 9, 2010
redding, ca
Was it "too full" and went out an overspill valve on the way to the hill?

Ace

No I thought about that as well, I have a flat bed on my truck and would of saw gas and i smelled inside the side panels to see if I could smell gas that might have came out the overspill and could never see or smell gas at all.

B

beans

Nov 27, 2007
Preston, WA
I have been burping it and getting another 3rd to half gallon or so in the tank.....first couple of rides I just topped it off and when I checked it as I went to ride there was room at the top for more fuel.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
First time we filled up the sleds NEW, we got a solid BURP out of them.
But the last couple times we filled them, did not get the same burp.
Maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of a gallon at best.

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
Definitely something up with the tank... I drove up to the mountain and filled up again because I've noticed I've been short on fuel at end of the day riding and looked in the tank and wasn't full at all and added 1.7 gallons of fuel.. no it didn't leak out I would notice for sure.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
My guess would be the position of the machine in the trailer? Is trailer nose low and front of machine lower than back? I bet if tongue was higher or more level it would fill better? Or is it due to the recovery system of the gas pump allowing air pressure to be trapped at the back of the tank? Maybe just compress on the back of sled to level out and it will burp? Mike

Premium Features