• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The 850 is for real

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Finally got to log some miles, about 40. Mostly roads and trails with up to a foot of fresh on top. Not much for hills yet as the snows not ready. This mofo comes out of the hole like a raped ape. So easy to ride and manage. So far it does everything very well. My only complaint is the snow flap. It's too long. Gets sucked up all the time. Don't want to cut it and sacrifice cooling. Going to rig up something to latch it to the bumper. I know you are supposed to bend it in half and fold it under the bumper to hold it, that method does not work well and a pain. I have another complaint, would like to have separate controls for thumb and hand warmers. Aside from those actually unimportant items, SkiDoo knocked it out of the park on this one.

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
I have 80 miles on mine now and I agree it's a big improvement over my xm. I cut my snow flap before I even rode the sled and haven't had heat issues yet. One ride with an ice trail with ice scratches down never got over 120. I'm one with recoil problems, but if that's my biggest issue all winter I'll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I just rode my 154 around my shop, holy crap. The demo I rode last year makes these look horrible. I cannot wait for tomorrow. It feels ight, powerful, and what the XM lacked: PREDICTABLE.

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
got mine out for first ride today.
easy to ride, gotta back off on rider input tho.
was careful breaking in belt, it stretched a
bit @ first then was fine the rest of the day.
think ill be fine without the toe holds, but
feels a bit odd as I ride way forward.
speaking of, my only dislikes are the front of the
boards. too f-ing slick up there. I have a box of
traction screws, but hoping someone comes up with
a better fix. and my re coil acted up(first pull only) a
couple of times. I insulated it, so guessing the grease
theory is probably right. think this sled will be a good
one:face-icon-small-hap

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I was looking at my boards today, I was thinking of dimple dieing them. Need to look and see if there is anything structural there. The only issue is cosmetic, if I drill and dimple, it will show raw aluminum. The toe holds are great (cheaper ones) they cover and protect the brake bleeder and provide a small toe hold for little guys riding in front of parents. Cannot believe the throttle response. I rode my G4 154 around my shop, on hardpack snow, then rode all of my 3 2016 Summits/Freeride, the 2017 made the 16 sleds look (feel) bad. Like hopping of an Axys and riding an older Pro. (And my 16 Doos are dialed, with clutch kits and setup.) I wasn't real excited about this season, thought I was buying a couple of Doos, but I am back to looking forward to riding again.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Not yet.
A little worried about the running boards. It looks like I have already dented them a bit in the front. No jumps, no big bumps. Kinda caved in on the right side. Not much, but enough to see.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Another ride in the super deep. This thing is continues to accell. It gets up on the snow so nice. It makes set up XP's look dumb in the deep. The evolution of sleds is really amazing.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Cut the snow flap after the first ride. With the new cooling system, I really doubt there will ever be a problem

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Not yet.
A little worried about the running boards. It looks like I have already dented them a bit in the front. No jumps, no big bumps. Kinda caved in on the right side. Not much, but enough to see.

I have 420 KM on my 850 and the one running board has a piece of the billet missing (cracked off) already. Looks like I will have to replace these boards after a season. Other that that, the only other problem I've had is a sticking throttle at wide open! WEAR YOUR TETHERS!!!! Still LOVE this sled!

Premium Features