• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pow Day

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
Nice pics Dave, somebody has a lot of time taking pics while you ride?

We drove out to Valemount this weekend (from Edmonton) and went in to Allan, I drove the most whooped out trail I have ever been on up to the cabin. It was snowing pretty steady so I decided not to ride because of poor visibility. We went to Clemina on Sunday snowing again so I didn't even unload. I have trouble seeing the terrain well enough during low light and snowing conditions so that is the choice I made, my sled came back in good shape that wasn't the case for several others riders on both days.

As far as snow checked sleds, they used to be delivered in late August or early September and sat around until our first ride around Christmas; having paid for them. Mine sat at the dealer this year for 3 weeks before I picked it up, everyone else was clamoring for theirs.(Better there than in the garage?) Unfortunately one size does not fit all for snow check.

Backcountry Bandit

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2008
I understand your frustration but I think what you called Dave is a little overboard. I have a question for you guys in the Midwest that don't have your sleds yet, where are you going to ride them if you had them? Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho all have minimal snow at best and the only place that the deep pow pictures are coming from is pretty much.....Canada.

Last weekend I had a friend from ND that couldn't wait to get to Cooke City to ride his new sled and his first day out, SKI + ROCK + BROKEN A-ARM = Home to ND he went with his tail between his legs. Why? Because he just had to come ride in the dirt and rocks with a skiff of snow on top. If I were you guys I would be thanking Ski Doo for their delay, they are saving you guys money and heartache for wrecked sleds and unwanted parts. If I recall isn't there a thread about "Brace Kit still needed"? That pour guy hit a rock with his ski at 20 mph and look what it did to the bulkhead on his 850.

I get the fact that some of you guys want them so you can sit in the garage and stare at them or you probably have turbos, belt drives, suspension kits and the list could go on and on but the fact that Dave Norona is posting pictures because he is fortunate enough to have the job that he has and lives where he lives doesn't give you the right to ride him like a rented mule.

I also put money down the first day just like a lot of us did and my 850 has been at my local dealer for the past 3 weeks, why you may ask? Because there is not enough snow for me to go ride it and I live in the mountains. And Lastly, don't catorogize the "Flat Landers" as the most die hard snowmobiles on the planet because there is a lot of mountain riders that will give that statement a run for its money.

First and foremost, excellent pics to the OP, JEALOUS!

As for your response....you're kidding right?? Thank, Doo??

SNOW CHECKS should land BEFORE showroom units, PERIOD.

"No snow"... "want to just sit and look at them??"

DEAD wrong. Guys like myself TRAVEL to the snow. There is over 8ft of snow in MANY places, right now. Who are you to say where one rides?

Then there is the mod folk. I completely tear down my sleds before putting a mile on them and build. With families and work, this can take anywhere from a week to a month. Now factor in getting your sled, NOW.

These snow check guys have every right to vent and be upset. Absolutely. Responses like yours just add fuel to the fire.

I'd be livid if I hadn't got mine yet, but the dealership has them sitting on the floor. Now if Doo was having issues and NO sleds were getting to dealers, different story. This isn't the case. Dealers have tons of them.

I was lucky and got mine a month ago. Just in time for all my work is done and the snow is here.

T
Feb 24, 2011
HILLS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA
First and foremost, excellent pics to the OP, JEALOUS!

As for your response....you're kidding right?? Thank, Doo??

SNOW CHECKS should land BEFORE showroom units, PERIOD.

"No snow"... "want to just sit and look at them??"

DEAD wrong. Guys like myself TRAVEL to the snow. There is over 8ft of snow in MANY places, right now. Who are you to say where one rides?

Then there is the mod folk. I completely tear down my sleds before putting a mile on them and build. With families and work, this can take anywhere from a week to a month. Now factor in getting your sled, NOW.

These snow check guys have every right to vent and be upset. Absolutely. Responses like yours just add fuel to the fire.

I'd be livid if I hadn't got mine yet, but the dealership has them sitting on the floor. Now if Doo was having issues and NO sleds were getting to dealers, different story. This isn't the case. Dealers have tons of them.

I was lucky and got mine a month ago. Just in time for all my work is done and the snow is here.

Yup I probably muddied the water and put more fuel on the fire by my post. BUT that does not give blue du the right to bam blast Dave and call him the names that he did for showing pictures from one of his EPIC rides. Dave may be the face of Ski Doo on this site but he is not the one responsible for the delivery dates of the 850 so there is no right for any of you that don't have your 850's to jump him.

I really wish that blu du's post wasn't removed from this thread so you guys that missed it could see the ignorance from one of our "fellow" snowmobilers. I don't care who you are or how mad you are at Ski Doo it doesn't give you the right to use that kind of language or call someone those names even if you are using *****.

I am done with my rant so take it as you please

Last edited:

Backcountry Bandit

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2008
Yup I probably muddied the water and put more fuel on the fire by my post. BUT that does not give blue du the right to bam blast Dave and call him the names that he did for showing pictures from one of his EPIC rides. Dave may be the face of Ski Doo on this site but he is not the one responsible for the delivery dates of the 850 so there is no right for any of you that don't have your 850's to jump him.

I really wish that blu du's post wasn't removed from this thread so you guys that missed it could see the ignorance from one of our "fellow" snowmobilers. I don't care who you are or how mad you are at Ski Doo it doesn't give you the right to use that kind of language or call someone those names even if you are using *****.

I am done with my rant so take it as you please

I didn't even know about this post from "Blu Du?" I don't know Dave either. Awesome pics, either way.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Nice pics Dave, somebody has a lot of time taking pics while you ride?

We drove out to Valemount this weekend (from Edmonton) and went in to Allan, I drove the most whooped out trail I have ever been on up to the cabin. It was snowing pretty steady so I decided not to ride because of poor visibility. We went to Clemina on Sunday snowing again so I didn't even unload. I have trouble seeing the terrain well enough during low light and snowing conditions so that is the choice I made, my sled came back in good shape that wasn't the case for several others riders on both days.

As far as snow checked sleds, they used to be delivered in late August or early September and sat around until our first ride around Christmas; having paid for them. Mine sat at the dealer this year for 3 weeks before I picked it up, everyone else was clamoring for theirs.(Better there than in the garage?) Unfortunately one size does not fit all for snow check.

Well hope for better vis for you next time! There will be more snow, as for the shots, most of them were taken by me on a solo ride, we are pretty fast at taking shots, I can film a day without most people knowing , it is all about being fast and finding shots...happy riding!

S

Snow Junkie

Mar 9, 2009
I 2nd that statement. They have until 12-14-16 to get me mine or im walking and headed to the other side for a year or forever. Trip scheduled that I don't want to miss. Snocheck guys should be taken care of first in my book. By my book don't mean ****

Rev, Did you get your sled or did you go to the other side? :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features