• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

limiter strap settings

K
Oct 4, 2009
SW Idaho
Anyone had enough riding time and snow to play with limiter strap adjustments? For $149 the iMotion adjustable limiter (page 155) sounds good.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
Your manual has setting suggestions if you're wondering best setup for conditions but I heard the kit kinda sucks, only adjusts the strap 1/2-3/4 inch. I don't have 1st hand knowledge, dealer told me it's not worth it.

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
I have installed the adjustable limiter strap, fairly easy to do, requires drilling two holes for fasteners behind your left heel (the holes are premarked in the chassis) and cutting a 1" round hole for the device to mount and connector to pass through. It is supposed to move the strap by going from long to short by the equivalent of two holes which it appears to do on my lift. For example if limiter were set on one going to short would be equivalent to hole 3 or if the limiter is set on two you would move to the equivalent of hole 4. My sled came from the dealer in the equivalent of hole two so that is what I selected as the long option and would move to four when I go to short. Works as advertised on my lift but I haven't had a chance to try it in powder. I expect this to be a handy device given the amount of lift the front end gets in different snow conditions. A friend who has two years riding the proto said it worked well?? I will follow up once I see the results. Summit X 165

Premium Features