• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wrench light oct derate?

P
Nov 28, 2007
Glenville, Minnesota
My sleds octane light has always been really sensitive and I just dealt with it by having really good fuel in it all the time. Before this season I had my gauge reflashed by next stage gauges which I really love, but now I think it does not say octane it just has a wrench light come up and it's doing it way more frequently no matter how good of gas I have in what I'm wondering is if my plugs need to be gapped I do have the NGK CR 9 EB in it or if it could be something else that is causing it to derate?
Thanks Ryan Hajek

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Without the reflash the ECU needs to send the code twice before you get a code. With the reflash the guage will code with ECU only sending a code once, which is why you are probably seeing it more often. On my 14 M8 I went from seeing the octane code to ECU 23 at low elevation. I added more fuel with the power commander and problem was gone. I only had issues at low elevation, not high elevation.

M
Dec 25, 2007
Mine would come on if I got on it hard no matter what I ran for fuel. I started adding a little race gas and it's never come back on

Premium Features