• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

215 reflash from evo

R
Nov 22, 2012
ok so just wanted to say a big thanks to jim at evo its awesome u can contact him from canada and talk to him over the phone and even once he seen my # come up and called me back awesome service. anyways i have installed my cold air brv boost tubes and rov i run a boondocker 1.9 and i hear people on here say some dont work but mine seems to work well. how ever this 215 reflash will i notice a large increase in power because i have some buddys that sent theres off to another company and some are a dial up from stock to 230 hp and i find them ones are junk. my 1.9 works just as good i hope to find a guy in bc that i can see before dropping another 600 bucks thanks.

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Of course Jim is great lol. Every sucessful company has great service. We try and achieve the same level of service to our dealers and customers that he provides to us.

With as much product as we have sold there are still some people that don't know we are the Evo distributors in Canada. Parts are stocked here to avoid the annoyances of cross border shopping and shipping time. Because of the early snow up here we have more of the Evo product in western canada on the snow than anywhere else. Very proud to be part of the development and name Evo is making for itself.

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
I ran the 1.9 last year and had the same expirance you did. It worked ok. I did notice a few issues with it. Sled did not idle as well with it on. On long pulls in BC last year I would loose power until I let it cool back down. I went with the Evo flash this year and the BVR and fan kit. I also have a barker exhaust from D&D on. So far the Evo is awsome. I think the power is similer to the 1.9. Maybe a hair more with the Evo. But it idles much better. Runs way cleanner and crisper. Love the fact that they made the warm up time shorter. Also with my 1.9 I had to run a dalton weight kit. I noticed on hard pack snow my rpms where where I wanted them. In deep snow I was down. I struggled trying to get it right. With the Evo flash they raise the rev limmiter to 8500 RPM witch gives you the ability to run stock weights. This means no matter the condition you are always cluched right on. So far I am a huge fan of evo. I also think the fan kit is a must if you don't have it. Has done wonders for my under hood temps.

Just my two cents.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
We took a customer out riding about two weeks ago. He did not want to spend the money on the EVO flash since he already had a hyjacker. He has exhaust, evo BRV, evo header and turbo blanket and intercooler fan. Once he got a good feel for his sled at 10,000 feet with the hyjacker (I think it was the 1.9), we unplugged the hyjacker, took off his stock ECU and plugged in an EVO flashed 215 ECU. The hyjacker is now in a box and he has a 215. The product easily sells itself, it works really well.

B
Jan 8, 2008
I ran the 1.9 last year and had the same expirance you did. It worked ok. I did notice a few issues with it. Sled did not idle as well with it on. On long pulls in BC last year I would loose power until I let it cool back down. I went with the Evo flash this year and the BVR and fan kit. I also have a barker exhaust from D&D on. So far the Evo is awsome. I think the power is similer to the 1.9. Maybe a hair more with the Evo. But it idles much better. Runs way cleanner and crisper. Love the fact that they made the warm up time shorter. Also with my 1.9 I had to run a dalton weight kit. I noticed on hard pack snow my rpms where where I wanted them. In deep snow I was down. I struggled trying to get it right. With the Evo flash they raise the rev limmiter to 8500 RPM witch gives you the ability to run stock weights. This means no matter the condition you are always cluched right on. So far I am a huge fan of evo. I also think the fan kit is a must if you don't have it. Has done wonders for my under hood temps.

Just my two cents.
Wouldn't have worded my reply any differently.
What he said, times 2!

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Yep I have talked to you guys after the fact I ordered my parts from the u.s lol what can u tell me about the 215 reflash

What can the salesman tell you that is more credible than satisfied customers? Top 3 comments from guys that have any Evo flash:

1. It starts and runs way smoother than stock or a box.
2. Turbo response is better, obviously more so with fan, BRV, turbo inlet etc.
3. The rated power seems conservative, it's got more balls than I thought. I counter this with "maybe you didn't have, what you were told you had, before"

Hear it everyday.

S
Nov 29, 2008
Falkland BC
What can the salesman tell you that is more credible than satisfied customers? Top 3 comments from guys that have any Evo flash:

1. It starts and runs way smoother than stock or a box.
2. Turbo response is better, obviously more so with fan, BRV, turbo inlet etc.
3. The rated power seems conservative, it's got more balls than I thought. I counter this with "maybe you didn't have, what you were told you had, before"

Hear it everyday.

I concur , my sled runs 10 times better,in every way ,with the Evo reflash that it ever did with the Hijacker 2.0 , plus Gene is a great guy to deal with , and knows these sleds , as he rides one himself !! Very satisfied customer !!

Premium Features