• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

12 Pro 800 with stage 2 SLP

D
Oct 21, 2008
PO Box 274
I rode my 2012 800 Pro 163 with SLP stage 2 installed this weekend. I can get 8050 to 8100 RPM on the flats sinking in about 8' to 12 ". When I climb in the same conditions the best I can get is 7800 RPM. I am not dissapointed with the performance but was wondering if I should shoot for 8100 RPM climbing and let the flats end up where it will since I spend most of the time on the hill. I run 8000 to 10,000'. I did not install the SLP weights since did not want to mess with torquing the clutch to 300 +ft lbs. What weights are working for this set up without totally disassembling the clutch? Thanks in advance for your input.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
You'll likely need some adjustable weights such as some heavy hitters from Thunder Shift. Or put in 60 gram weights. I ended up with 61.5 for weight in my pro last year with SLP stage 3.

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Just put a higher finish rate spring in your primary and leave everything else the same. Every 30 Lbs on your spring rate will give you roughly 200 rpm. You may need to add some in your secondary too. Keep your same beginning rate. $25 fix per spring.

Last edited:

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
That's funny you posted this in the skidoo section and still got some pretty good answers LOL:jaw:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Seeing you are getting plenty of RPM on the flats and only dropping SLIGHTLY below where you want to be on a climb, I would go with just a little more secondary spring to help with the backshift. You are so close I wouldn't make any drastic changes.....unless you just want to experiment.

D
Oct 21, 2008
PO Box 274
Thank you to all of you that responded. I am going to try some different springs. Sorry about posting in the wrong section but I was reading in this section when I decided to post and did not think about where it would in up. I am very pleased that it did not turn into a bashing ground and really appreciate the constructive help. My brother just rode his new XM( which I got to try also). It is a sweet ride. I would be hard pressed to have to pick if I got a new sled.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Thank you to all of you that responded. I am going to try some different springs. Sorry about posting in the wrong section but I was reading in this section when I decided to post and did not think about where it would in up. I am very pleased that it did not turn into a bashing ground and really appreciate the constructive help. My brother just rode his new XM( which I got to try also). It is a sweet ride. I would be hard pressed to have to pick if I got a new sled.

Good luck with the springs. It should help.

Premium Features