• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wiring Diagram - Help!

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
I put PERC on my 02 550 SS. Used CDI, etc. from an 04 or newer vintage sled.

The wiring harness coming from the CDI has a pig tail labled "Connect if Electric Start".

It looks like you are supposed to jumper it? I have electric start.

I have a circle around the area in question on the diagram.

thanks in advance for any advice.

It seems to run fine on the stand as I kind of forgot about it when I started it last Saturday to see if everything worked.

Trail RMK Wiring Diagram 001.jpg

Last edited:

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Wiring

I have Electric Start.

I'm going to put a voltmeter on both legs when I get up north tonight.

Usually solid red is 12V DC. I'm not sure what the blue wire going back into the CDI would do.

I asked the service guys at Chopper City Polaris last night and he basically said if it runs ok, leave it empty like you guys are saying.

I was hoping someone on the site might have a Classic or Trail RMK with PERC and ES and they could let me know how their pigtal looks, jumpered or just blank.

Thanks for the replies.

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Voltage

I get 4.1 volts DC across the unuumpered blue and red wires. I took it up the road a ways, seemed to run fine. Red is hot and the blue seems to be neutral.

Can't go far as the slides have no lubricant.

I'm nervous to jumper it as I could cause damage to the CDI?

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Jumper

Installed the jumper I ordered from Polaris last Saturday. Took it for a littel spin on the lake as we didn't have enough snow then to go anywhere else.

that might have changed today so we'll see if we can get some miles on it this first Saturday in March.

It seemed to run fine so I'm still not sure what purpose it serves to let the CDI know that a person has ES?

Premium Features