• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Something you wont see etecs do for a while

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Not in that video he doesn't, pretty much basic sled with stage 2 880 and a track.

Any idea if it has the belt drive? Added the C3 belt drive to an SHR 860, and it made a noticeable improvement. Haven't had enough time to test durability, but otherwise impressed. Bored carbs next. Etecs w/ turbo's and the boost numbers I've heard people being able to run w/ them, would be hard pressed to keep up w/ the big bores when setup properly for most conditions. I have a turbo before anyone starts to disagree w/ me, granted it is not Etec. Seen the same thing w/ Polaris 860's and low boost turbos.

Watching Micku ride makes me feel like a stiff old man, and I'm only 32. He moves around quicker than my kids when they are trying to convince themselves they don't have to pee.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Any idea if it has the belt drive? Added the C3 belt drive to an SHR 860, and it made a noticeable improvement. Haven't had enough time to test durability, but otherwise impressed. Bored carbs next. Etecs w/ turbo's and the boost numbers I've heard people being able to run w/ them, would be hard pressed to keep up w/ the big bores when setup properly for most conditions. I have a turbo before anyone starts to disagree w/ me, granted it is not Etec. Seen the same thing w/ Polaris 860's and low boost turbos.

Watching Micku ride makes me feel like a stiff old man, and I'm only 32. He moves around quicker than my kids when they are trying to convince themselves they don't have to pee.

On straight long pulls the Turbo has the advantage but on /off technical climbs the BB will shine, been there done that.everything has its place

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
Best upcoming rider around. Great segment again, congrats Cory.

Also somebody should tell him that on the forums people say you can't sidehill XPs so stop it:face-icon-small-win

are you kidding? that thing is pointed up non stop. It looks like he is constantly fighting it from turning up. Imagine that guy on a sled that CAN actually sidehill....

also, in the first part of that vid, does he have the limiter straps out or somethin? i havent seen an 880 xp before but the 860s ive seen would not even come CLose to pullin the skis up like that....

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
I didn't see a camera man staged in the trees waiting for him to come through a preplanned route. just saying.

They both ride better than me.Iim used to 4000 hp and only going 11kts.

ya the pre planned routes that burandt takes are sooo much easier than the lines in that segment... :clap2:

EDIT: just to clarify... this was sarcasm

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
are you kidding? that thing is pointed up non stop. It looks like he is constantly fighting it from turning up. Imagine that guy on a sled that CAN actually sidehill....

Then maybe he could even lose an ecu, voltage regulator, or top end and have to be towed out! It's all in the operator, some prefer how the XP handles and some don't. I will take the XP any day. BTW, this IS a Doo forum ya know!:face-icon-small-win

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado

also, in the first part of that vid, does he have the limiter straps out or somethin? i havent seen an 880 xp before but the 860s ive seen would not even come CLose to pullin the skis up like that....

I'll say it again. If you can't sidehill an XP, you need to grab hold of your man purse and go hang out with other metro-sexuals and their wives. I can sidehill all day long, BOTH DIRECTIONS with ease on my ancient old XP.
And I HAVE seen 860s pull like that. Phelan has a XP rider with an 860 that pulls like that.

Then maybe he could even lose an ecu, voltage regulator, or top end and have to be towed out! It's all in the operator, some prefer how the XP handles and some don't. I will take the XP any day. BTW, this IS a Doo forum ya know!:face-icon-small-win

You always get those Sheep in here.
And yeah, I think that kid hands down will be a more technical rider than Burandt.

S

shawn2820

Dec 26, 2009
Arthur Nebraska
I'll say it again. If you can't sidehill an XP, you need to grab hold of your man purse and go hang out with other metro-sexuals and their wives. I can sidehill all day long, BOTH DIRECTIONS with ease on my ancient old XP.
And I HAVE seen 860s pull like that. Phelan has a XP rider with an 860 that pulls like that.

You always get those Sheep in here.
And yeah, I think that kid hands down will be a more technical rider than Burandt.

ancient xp..sheesh....dont even know what ancient is if you think an xp is ancient.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Did someone say XP's are hard to sidehill?

3-27-10110.jpg

3-27-10111.jpg

3-27-10112.jpg

3-27-10113.jpg

3-27-10114.jpg

DAMN...Just can't Sidehill an XP

5-30-10MemorialWeekend054.jpg

N

niles

Jan 5, 2009
nw iowa
This video may have just cost me $3000 and a sore back from sleeping on the couch.
The wife doesn't find the big bore kit as important as i do.:face-icon-small-ton

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
This video may have just cost me $3000 and a sore back from sleeping on the couch.
The wife doesn't find the big bore kit as important as i do.:face-icon-small-ton

Oh, she does want a big bore. prolly get it too, when you are out riding.:lips:

*J/k

Premium Features