• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1999 summit x 670 clutching

J
Oct 25, 2008
Waupaca, WI
hey everyone, i moved to wisconsin from out west, and i was wondering does anyone know what springs and wieghts i should use in the primary, id like to keep the engagment around 3000rpm and it makes its peak power around 8750rpm, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
hey everyone, i moved to wisconsin from out west, and i was wondering does anyone know what springs and wieghts i should use in the primary, id like to keep the engagment around 3000rpm and it makes its peak power around 8750rpm, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Im a bit curious aswell. But the peak on our X's are 8100rpm's, not 8750! :eek: Winterbrew knows ALOT about 670 clutching, shoot him a PM, he gave me some info on mine. He'l probly ask you what your weight is, elavation and track length.

Last edited:
J
Oct 25, 2008
Waupaca, WI
well, im not really sure what to call the riding style here, they call it ditch banging, but i really dont want to ride the ditches, i got permission from lots of people to use their land, little hills to climb, playin in the trees that kind of stuff, thats why i want to keep the engagement rpm up

well, im not really sure what to call the riding style here, they call it ditch banging, but i really dont want to ride the ditches, i got permission from lots of people to use their land, little hills to climb, playin in the trees that kind of stuff, thats why i want to keep the engagement rpm up

Then you will want an engagement of around 4500-5500 RPM. 3000 is REALLY low. the engine wont have any power down that low.

Premium Features