• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08' Nytro Skis?

K
Nov 2, 2009
Has anyone found a ski that works well with a stock Nytro? I am going to put on a steering relocation kit, not sure from whom yet. Any thoughts? I currently have a set of new in the box Powder Hounds, have not put them on yet. Heard good and bad .
Thanks for the help..... Come on winter :face-icon-small-hap

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Stockers work OK, good in pow...not great in setup (hard) snow.

MODS work better, great in pow...good in setup snow.

I know there are lots of Nytros w/ Simmons on them..so those must be working for folks as well.

I never tried/rode PHs on the Nytro, but had them on my Rev...and there are similarities between the 2 chassis... I'd say w/ the additional front end weight of the Nytro, they PHs would be even more unpredictable than they were on the Rev.
The PHs are great for the DEEP...but were on the verge of scary (very darty, and do what they wanty) in setup snow. Not that some toe (or other steering) changes wouldn't have helped with that..I'm not sure.

...JMO...

Last edited:
K

khk

Dec 3, 2007
Underwood WA
I think that the stock ski's are not that bad but the front shocks were making allot of people think it was the ski's I installed different front shocks and did not think that the skis were that bad any more I have also ran the Simmons gen 1 and liked them better in most snow conditions and will be trying the gen 2's this year. The OFT relocater is a work of art and is a good way to go

T
Dec 14, 2007
Alamosa, CO
I have been pretty happy with the Powderhounds on my Nytro. They have handled pretty well in most conditions. They are a bit unpredictable on hardpack. Very good floatation. I have been happy but I know that others hate them.

Premium Features