• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Changes on MCX kit for Nytros

N
Oct 25, 2009
Sandy, OR
Can anyone tell me if there are any significant changes to the mcx kit since they first came out. I am not sure what Kit to go with but am more interested in reliability than power which leans me towards the MCX kit. Is the lag time that bad compared to the impulse kit. I plan on keeping my sled relatively stock besides the turbo for the next year or so. Any suggestions?

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
They changed up a few things. Fuel box, intercooler design, and charge tube setup. I think they are the same in the reliablility dept. Cracked headers are about the only problem, but the aftermarket is coming up with solutions.

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Check out the header alpine made for me and will be selling. The header cracking issue will not be an issue anymore. After working with them on the header, I would not hesitate to buy one of their kits also.

The one upgrade MCX has done is the 270 kit which adds a fuel pump, regulator and mapping. They also have a 330 race kit available, which comes with the bigger 19T turbo and different mapping, uses same regulator and pump as the 270 kit. I would not get the race kit without the new header alpine is making, The stock one would not last long at that kind of boost. I would spend the extra money and get the Race kit that is for sure. But thats me.

Last edited:
R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
The response time between the Impulse (mid mount) and MCX (rear mount) is noticable, to answer that question simply.

The newer Impulse kits are basically as 'turn key and go' as it'll get now that hes using stand alone fueling.
All you have to adjust is boost for your liking. :)

Have there not been some long term reliability issues using the stock header (with the MCX kits)?

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
I have a 270 MCX kit and it's been awesome, just like my son's and the one I had the year before. I did wrap my header and haven't had a problem with it. I don't notice any lag. The new 270 kit comes with a 19T turbo this year.

Premium Features