• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help, turbo Nytro runs like crap!

X

XP8

Dec 10, 2007
Mine did the same thing last year and it was the plug that went into the MCX box. Make sure it is fully plugged in. It solved the problem for me.

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
I am not familiar with the MCX setup but does it do this cracking and poping when you easy into the throttle and don't get on boost? Have you checked your fuel pressure? Have you checked EVERYWHERE for boost leaks? If you think it is hitting the rev limiter what is your clutching setup? What springs do you have in it, what weights? Those are a good few things to check.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Yeah that sounds like you not getting the extra fuel for the boost and it is leaning out causing the back fire. I tied the wire to the sled close to the box so that with jumps and bumps and flex it will not break connection or come unplugged. Also diaelectric grease is a life saver.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Mine did this once.
Pull the fuel tank and inspect ALL of the vaccum lines. One of the plastic tees is most likely broken. Replace the tee and u should be good to go. If they are all good, keep hunting I guess

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Sounds like lean pop, not enough fuel. Like montley says if you roll the throttle does it do it? That sled got a new MCXPress control box in Feb Last year. Check the wiring into the box. I am pretty sure that was the prolem with it in the first place. He had moved the box from by the battery to above the radiator and puled a wire out of the harness. I would check the wires going into the box. Also can you hear the turbo chattering , your BOV is not opening when you let off the throttle. The spring that comes in the MCX BOV is too stiff. It comes apart and put a lighter spring in it.

Last edited:
W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
My buddy just had to replace his entire exhaust because all off the welds and flanges had cracked, so make sure you check for boost leaks.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
Sounds like it isn't getting enough fuel under boost. Check the wires going into the connector for the MCX controller very carefully. I have seen that a couple of times. As someone already said, you cannot have any stress on the wires going in, they are small and will pull out if you have tension on them. If that is not the problem I would check all the wiring first, then move onto all the vacuum (pressure) lines.

S

summitguy

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon, SK
Popping

Had the same issue when I froze up under the hood last year. Warmed it up real good and problem went away which tells me I had a frozen vacuum line or fuel line. Check all your hoses to make sure they aren't kinked and make sure the MCX box is mounted higher than the incoming vacuum lines to make sure water doesn't get in the box from condensation in the lines.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
james, looks like you taped the red wire and zip tied the wires together. that's what I was going to mention. from an outside appearance, the plug into the mcx looks fine. but the red power wire on my nytro wasn't seated all the way in creating the exact problem you were having. glad ya found it.

Premium Features