• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

10 Nytro MTX What to expect.

B
Nov 30, 2007
2 Stroke lover thinking about changing to this sled and wondering what to expect. What are the good and bad about this machine... It looks sweet, but what else. Presently have a 03 800 RMK and want to know how much difference in power and ride I will get. Thanks for the Help.
Would also like to know about issues that surround the machine as well as known recalls.

B

blackhillsnytro

Nov 22, 2008
Spearfish SD
I switched from an M7 to an 09 Nytro last year. If you are considering a new SE, you will have a good jump from last years model. It may take a few days to get used to the handling. Consider a steering relocation bracket to help with this, there are a few guys making these now. These are standard with float shocks, huge difference without running the sway bar. A lot of aftermarket options on these sleds if you are planning on throwing more money at. You will love the motor, they are a blast to ride. Looking forward to hearing how the 2010s are going to run out, supposed to be quite a difference

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I bought an 09 MTX last year and also own an XP. I like both but "I" prefer riding the Nytro. I love the 4 stroke torque. Was a little leary about the power but got in some deep fresh pow last year on Mt Jefferson and the sled exceeded my expectations. Coming off of doo's, Rev and Rev XP, the sled was easy to adjust to. The sled does not feel as heavy as it actually is and performs very well. Almost wished I'd ordered a 2010. I did put a turbo on my Nytro, not because I thought it needed it but I do ride with other turbos and if I was going to keep up with them I needed the turbo. I think you would be very happy with the 4 stroker, maybe not but I do love mine.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I think the big difference you will see will be the torque. The Nytro is pretty snappy in the bottom end.

The biggest drawbacks to the 08s and 09s were the track and rear suspension. The 2010s fixed the approach angle some, changed the tunnel, and supposedly the maverick has stiffer lugs.

I think you'll like it, nothing better than turn key and ride week after week.

B
Nov 30, 2007
are the 4 strokes that much more reliable?? What about fuel economy? How do the climb in soft snow? Can I still get to the same place that I can with my polaris 800 with a 151??

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Im sure as far as how well the Nytro goes you will be able to go the same places if not more then your 800 now. Specially if you change the track out but who knows maybe they did fix the Maverick...

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i think the 10' nytro mtx will be great, i personally have high expectations of the new pro mountain air skid, it think this will be very comparable to the the timbersled skid minus the the adjusability. track approach will be a big improvement. But about the maverick track i am 98% sure that the maverick track is unchanged and is still the wet leaf POS it was before. i remember talking to dealer way back when 2010 models were released and he told me at a product info meeting that the rep stopped the video and said maverick track was unchanged. I will try to confirm that info sometime this week.

Premium Features