• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex project done...

C

chris79

Mar 3, 2008
Foremost, Alberta
Try 22-26, that's when that thing will wake up:D:beer;

I belive that. Going to put some break in miles at around 16psi,and then start working up. We ride alot of 5-6500 ft elevation so we have some good power air wich helps. There is a good chance it will see some 22+, can't give out all the details:D:D:beer;:beer;

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Chris that is awesome! One of our friends here has a similar setup from Brad...it's absolutely scary. Having also been around a couple in the hills you are in for a real treat.

Now I am going to have to kick some butt on Story and Oregon Trail...as they let you go to all of that trouble on your PRO-PEX and didn't put on some Better Boards for you. That is pretty much a travesty..maybe even a CRIME. Can't ride it if you can stay on! Check these out....bet you'll find them to be about as handy as anything on that buggy. First ride it as is...when you get tired of slipping off and fighting the horrible icy build up you can get some put on and FEEL the benefit. We'll be waiting.

attachment.php

attachment.php

WITH VS WITHOUT

attachment.php

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
chris that is awesome! One of our friends here has a similar setup from brad...it's absolutely scary. Having also been around a couple in the hills you are in for a real treat.

Now i am going to have to kick some butt on story and oregon trail...as they let you go to all of that trouble on your pro-pex and didn't put on some better boards for you. That is pretty much a travesty..maybe even a crime. Can't ride it if you can stay on! Check these out....bet you'll find them to be about as handy as anything on that buggy. First ride it as is...when you get tired of slipping off and fighting the horrible icy build up you can get some put on and feel the benefit. We'll be waiting.

attachment.php

attachment.php

with vs without

attachment.php

the red looks good!

C

chris79

Mar 3, 2008
Foremost, Alberta
Chris that is awesome! One of our friends here has a similar setup from Brad...it's absolutely scary. Having also been around a couple in the hills you are in for a real treat.

Now I am going to have to kick some butt on Story and Oregon Trail...as they let you go to all of that trouble on your PRO-PEX and didn't put on some Better Boards for you. That is pretty much a travesty..maybe even a CRIME. Can't ride it if you can stay on! Check these out....bet you'll find them to be about as handy as anything on that buggy. First ride it as is...when you get tired of slipping off and fighting the horrible icy build up you can get some put on and FEEL the benefit. We'll be waiting.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Rob
No worries already have a set, just going to install them. The grips are serious, really nice product. You can still give Brad and Michelle a hard time, They need a little razzing. :D:D

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
PHEW! I'm so damn competitive I want our stuff on all of them.

Chris ride it without them installed first...then you'll be my number one advocator! :D Yea Michelle is a great seller of Better Boards so it's rare that you would have snuck past..especially with THAT ONE!

It's an easy install and all seriousness I'm anxious to have your ride report. I've spent a little time on the two T-Apex's in my photos and they are only 200-230 HP buggies but super super yummy. Boards flat work...but I'm very bias! You are a lucky lucky man!

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great looking sled Chris! Did Brad and Val have a water/air intercooler setup option for the propane sleds when you ordered it? Just curious as I see you have the air/air with a fan.

C

chris79

Mar 3, 2008
Foremost, Alberta
F BOMB, Ya they went on nice I will try and get some pics on here soon.

Hobbes, Its just a regular air to air intercooler with fan. Can't wait to run some BOOOOOST through her.

C

chris79

Mar 3, 2008
Foremost, Alberta
Better Boards

Here are some pictures of the better boards, I didn't drop the coolers to install I just cut right against them, didn't really see the advantage of removing that piece of the board, anyway this is how it turned out.

sledpics 112rsized.JPG sledpics 113resized.JPG sledpics 114resized.JPG sledpics 115resized.JPG sledpics 118resized.JPG

C

chris79

Mar 3, 2008
Foremost, Alberta
Question?

What size tanks are on there?
&
How many miles did they say you can get in a day on them?

They are two 7 gallon tanks,but I think realistically you can get about 6-6.5 in them.Hard working it all day in good snow should see 70 miles, just easy riding 100+ is not unheard of.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Chris it looks exceptional...very nice job! It is way the easiest to simply score the foot bed above the coolers as opposed to pulling them! Good plan.

I hassled Brad extra at the Puyallup show on Saturday. He said your sled was one of the nicest looking versions to leave the shop! Can't wait to hear your ride report. Need to get your sled on our website when we finish our customer's rides page!

Premium Features