• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST FORUMS: Coming Attractions on SnoWest.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It would be nice when looking in Swap meet people would have to have their location in their profile. I hate looking at things posted for sale and find out later it's in New York...
Understood.
But right now, location is not a required user database field, so even if I wanted to, I can't force it to display.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Can it be set so the state displays, then they can turn that off if they want?

I think we have a lot of members that don't understand how to do that stuff.
Somehow we would have to get all the current users to go back into their USER-CP settings and ENTER THAT INFORMATION into their profiles.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Somehow we would have to get all the current users to go back into their USER-CP settings and ENTER THAT INFORMATION into their profiles.

You proved that you can PM all of us last night.:D

This is something you could address after you get all the other BUGS cleared up.

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Understood.
But right now, location is not a required user database field, so even if I wanted to, I can't force it to display.

You could enable the showing of everyones IP, which would also cut down on the idiots with multpile accounts and people that get booted or run off the forum and then re-appear with a new username.

I am not a big fan of this, but it would allow people to geolocate other users.

I don't think that SW should try to be an eBay system for swapmeet. It should just stay buyer beware...

Last edited:
E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
The search engine that comes with Vbulliten is THE NEMISIS of all online forums!
blah. Forward generic searches to Google. There's still search queries that have to be plugged into the database to work correctly (Search posts/threads by user, sort posts by date/time, etc), but searching for threads with "rmk 900" is much better on google using 'site:' in the query.
You could enable the showing everyones IP

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You proved that you can PM all of us last night.:D

This is something you could address after you get all the other BUGS cleared up.
Absolutely.
I WILL be asking everyone to do this just as a matter of good housekeeping.

But I have no way to COMPELL them to do it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I don't think that SW should try to be an eBay system for swapmeet. It should just stay buyer beware...
No one ever suggested to me to move to an e-bay format.

But to take what we have and seriously improve how it works for both the BUYER and the SELLER.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Ability for an admin to login as a specific user and see the forum the way they see it for trouble shooting/tech support.

Just Admin (i.e. you) or also moderators? I don't like that idea.

How to make a good forum great... fix the friggin' server and internet bandwidth.

How about private topics like we had on the old forum? The Utah Mafia has moved off to a different forum for our private group.

sled_guy

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just Admin (i.e. you) or also moderators? I don't like that idea.

How to make a good forum great... fix the friggin' server and internet bandwidth.

How about private topics like we had on the old forum? The Utah Mafia has moved off to a different forum for our private group.

sled_guy
Right now ONLY an ADMIN will have direct access to a User's Account.

Bandwidth is actually pretty good on the SnoWest Servers. Internal hardware is likely the read problem.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
rofl.gif

Originally Posted by christopher
#3.
Make sure the content is appropriate for SnoWest.

We don't have that problem here... :D:D

Hehe...never :D

I'm searching for the main Topic Titles now but a lot more seems to be accesible. I'm using more of the site now than I ever had, and I've been here way before 2001 when it became an login forum. Come a long way for sure. Keep it comin'!

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
I have Shout Box disabled in CP.... worked well for a few days, and now I'm seeing it again? Has SW over-ridden my decision for some reason? Do I now uncheck the disable box?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Your cookies (cache) were probably purged.

Last edited:
Premium Features