• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.5 CE vs. 2.6 PC

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
In need of a new track for my Sidewinder, and since the Yamaha section is dead, this is my next best option for some info.

I'm torn on which track to go with. I've ran a Conquer 280 the past 2.5 years and loved the track, but don't know if I'm sold on it. How's the Camo Extreme 2.5 compare to the 2.6 PC as far as all around conditions go? The snow I ride varies from deep pow, to set up spring snow, so not looking for a 3" of any sort, but don't want a junk trenching machine either.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have had both and I would have to give the nod to the 2.6" Powerclaw. My 2.5 Camo Extreme was fairly comparable to the 2.25" Powerclaw. The Power claw had a newer more effective design and amazed me. The 2.6" Powerclaw can be modded (do a search for 2.6" power claw on here) where you removes some of the paddles (similar to a 3" power claw) and supposedly it works way better than stock. I was planning on doing so but, go a 3" Power claw instead. Good luck.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
2.6 for all around performance. 3 for powder.

You can trim the fingers on the 2.6 to get even better floatation and performance. I trimmed my 2.25 and noticed an immediate difference in flotation, especially during slow speed, full throttle "almost stuck" situations.

Premium Features