• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Xtremeair intake vents

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Just curious. I have the doo ones on order should be here anytime

Wyopowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2013
Vents

You can cut out stock vent material if you like or leave it per directions, they claim to use the same material as stock glued over aluminum material, my stock vents were already getting sticks through them and not long for the world and causing a ride to end early with a big hole. And of course the skidoo Hd vents are on back order like everything else they make so for $50 And there in stock they are worth a try. As far as restriction yes it is less open area, first ride tomorrow will see.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i too am waiting for the Doo vents. this option is half the price though. please be sure to report back with your opinion after bashing a few tree branches with them

Wyopowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2013
Out all day in the super deep and in the woods the vents worked great no restriction problems going to cancel back ordered skidoo vents!

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Out all day in the super deep and in the woods the vents worked great no restriction problems going to cancel back ordered skidoo vents!

thank you sir. xtreme air vents should give you some commission. i just placed an order. $50 + 8 shipping

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Best intake vent for the money for sure! Tom is a great guy and knows his vents. These "restrictive" vents helped my xm's immensely with the bogging in deep snow issue, went from bogging all the time to not bogging hardly at all, they don't hold snow like the stock vents do.

C
May 19, 2008
Rogers, MN
Every deep snow photo I see with the new 850 the front nose (where it is supposed to breath) is stuffed full of snow. I would like to see some one make a frog skin sticker version that you can adhere to the outside instead of on the inside. The stock plastic grid looks cool but it also looks like snow gets packed in there and no air goes through... Even if you have mesh on the inside.... the snow is packing in the plastic grid. Just my 2 cents. I haven't gotten a chance to ride mine yet.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just an FYI..

logo1.png

Fire & Ice Performance came over and borrowed my 850 a week ago for a couple days.
They should be announcing a full vent kit for the sled in the next week or so..

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
JC Customs has nose vent kit that you can take off and on, $115 (still overpriced) The Doo ones are also ridiculously priced at $125 (raised the price from $105 US that was in the magazine.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
I have the xtreme intake vents installed on my XM
When you cut out the damaged original screen and mount the new xtreme screen over the vent cover you end up with gaps, even after bending the new cover carefully.. I used black rtv to seal everything up and it ended up looking like crap! They have lasted 2 or 3 years without issue no bogging or restriction I can tell.
Just wish they fit better and looked better.
The extreme prefilter for the nose was junk! Didnt make it on the sled

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
I have the xtreme intake vents installed on my XM
When you cut out the damaged original screen and mount the new xtreme screen over the vent cover you end up with gaps, even after bending the new cover carefully.. I used black rtv to seal everything up and it ended up looking like crap! They have lasted 2 or 3 years without issue no bogging or restriction I can tell.
Just wish they fit better and looked better.
The extreme prefilter for the nose was junk! Didnt make it on the sled

I use their shock tower vents and had the XM nose piece as well, both fit ok. I'll let you know how 850 shock tower vents fit. There is definitely big profit margins in this stuff...

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
pet screen from the hardware store works just as good, and costs about 5 bucks. i have had it on my XM and now the G4. this go-round i installed it on the OUTSIDE of the honeycomb grill on the G4 because the zip ties are less noticeable

Premium Features