• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rumors about New Gen 4 850 delivery for customers is delayed to january 2017??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
More oil, more power through better ring seal. Good!
If it's like past etecs you can adjust oil output with BUDS. I have mine cranked up all the way :face-icon-small-win
<script>window.post_1472237861583_2 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }</script><script>window.post_1472237861977_2 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }</script><script>window.post_1472237862414_9 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }</script><script>window.post_1472237862515_11 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }</script>
All things considered, OIL IS CHEAP..

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I'd 1000 times rather have skidoo do this than just not say anything about it and leave it using 40% less oil and have engines giving up. At least they are honest about it.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I'd 1000 times rather have skidoo do this than just not say anything about it and leave it using 40% less oil and have engines giving up. At least they are honest about it.

golden carrot hook set, last year it was the light weight can after snow check changeO .... doo does it every year. not bashing just think it is a marketing sales tactic

I.P.Yellow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
golden carrot hook set, last year it was the light weight can after snow check changeO .... doo does it every year. not bashing just think it is a marketing sales tactic

Yep. That was the '15 T3 that was getting the lighter can then mid summer we get a letter saying it would be the same can but they saved weight in other areas that it was still lighter than the previous model. And no, I don't want to spend another $400-500 on a can.

BRP always seemed to be pretty straight forward with their marketing in the past but the last few years they've done the bait and switch and in my eyes are losing credibility with potential customers. It almost looks like things are being rushed to market before all the bugs are worked out.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY

I bought the sled because I liked it. I couldn't care less if it uses 40% less oil. I never did care about oil consumption. My pro used way more oil than my Xm. And it dosen't bother me. Maybe some people bought the sled strictly based on 40% less oil being used. If that was the deciding factor then they are in the wrong sport....

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
YBRP always seemed to be pretty straight forward with their marketing in the past but the last few years they've done the bait and switch and in my eyes are losing credibility with potential customers. It almost looks like things are being rushed to market before all the bugs are worked out.

While I am certainly the "New Kid" on the Ski-Doo block this year, I can't help but think they would NOT go down that path without a COMPELLING reason to make changes after issuing promises.

Just NOT good marketing...

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
BRP Care released the most idiotic post ever with that load of crap. Just stay off of DT and let the morons complain about the colour of their rails and bar risers some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
BRP Care released the most idiotic post ever with that load of crap. Just stay off of DT and let the morons complain about the colour of their rails and bar risers some more.

Reeb,

You must have some French Canadian in ya with your spelling of "color". Leave it to the French to use needless extra vowels in every word they can. :frusty::frusty::frusty:

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Reeb,

You must have some French Canadian in ya with your spelling of "color". Leave it to the French to use needless extra vowels in every word they can. :frusty::frusty::frusty:

French I am not. That's a pretty big insult! I do however enjoy knowing and utilizing proper grammar as there's far too much "raices, moters, and tracs" floating out of grown men's fingertips on these forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D
Dec 9, 2016
From Ski-Doo FB page December 2 at 11:01am:

We know some of you are still anxiously awaiting delivery of your 2017s, particularly Spring trail models, and we are working hard to get them to you very soon.
Approximately 80% of MXZ and Renegade X sleds are built and we will complete production of the final 20% in the next 10 days. Our shipping team is making every effort to get them to you as soon as possible. Our goal is to have every 2017 (including non-Spring models) shipped out by Christmas, which is still on target with our original commitment to your dealers in February.
We absolutely understand your frustration with deliveries of Spring order models in December, especially with snow falling. Designing, calibrating, testing and manufacturing a new platform and new engine simultaneously (both requiring new manufacturing techniques), plus a commitment to the highest quality vehicles, pushed REV Gen4/850 E-TEC production to the very end of the 2017 run.
While some of you are waiting longer than you – and we – would like, we're confident you're getting the best Ski-Doo snowmobile we have ever produced and it will be worth the wait. We appreciate your patience.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Designing, calibrating, testing and manufacturing a new platform and new engine simultaneously (both requiring new manufacturing techniques), plus a commitment to the highest quality vehicles, pushed REV Gen4/850 E-TEC production to the very end of the 2017 run.

If only they could have known ahead of time that they'd be facing these challenges. Gotta feel for them. All these new demands just coming at them at once. And out of nowhere.

What a load of shlt.

Premium Features