• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 or 17 timbersled

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
I just talked to my dealer today and 5300 is what I can get for a left over 16 lt timbersled kit with fix kit included I believe or I can get a 17 LT with fox shocks for 6800 or 6200 without and comes with any color with either free fix kit or the tss fix kit for 400 off the regular price of the tss. So is the 17 worth it or is the 16 just as good or is it still prices to high? I am new to snowbikes and will be on a 2016 450 Ktm. any info will be great!

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
I just talked to my dealer today and 5300 is what I can get for a left over 16 lt timbersled kit with fix kit included I believe or I can get a 17 LT with fox shocks for 6800 or 6200 without and comes with any color with either free fix kit or the tss fix kit for 400 off the regular price of the tss. So is the 17 worth it or is the 16 just as good or is it still prices to high? I am new to snowbikes and will be on a 2016 450 Ktm. any info will be great!

Our recommendation would be to snowcheck a new 2017 MotoTrax kit. ;) Whether you're new to snow biking or not, you'll really appreciate the pivoting skid and motocross suspension. You'll get better performance for a more reasonable price.

J

jdrice

Feb 10, 2012
Our recommendation would be to snowcheck a new 2017 MotoTrax kit. ;) Whether you're new to snow biking or not, you'll really appreciate the pivoting skid and motocross suspension. You'll get better performance for a more reasonable price.

I almost snow checked a 17 ts yesterday. I have checked out your moto trax kit at revolution motorsports. They are very impressive i love the design. what has changed on the 17s.

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
I almost snow checked a 17 ts yesterday. I have checked out your moto trax kit at revolution motorsports. They are very impressive i love the design. what has changed on the 17s.

I don't want to hijack this feed so if you have any addition questions feel free to PM us or post in one of our MotoTrax Feeds. In short, We have increased our pivot from 18 degrees of lean to 25 degrees. We have made the suspensions more progressive and rigid for better rising rate performance, we have made it stronger and lighter, and we are expanding our line up into three different models and three track lengths, 120", 129", and 137".

D

DenverSnowBike

Feb 4, 2015
Denver, CO
buy a 16TS

Agreed! You'll save a lot of money, main thing is getting the new track. The new suspension will be a nice upgrade, but not worth the $1200 price difference.

There are a lot of shops giving away 16 holdovers still in the crate for their cost.

Moab Powersports in Moab, UT has one short track and one long track left over...$4340 OTD for the ST and $4800 OTD for the LT...PLUS fit kit if you need one.

Think about resale value too...you will lose a lot more money if you buy a 17 kit, unless you keep it forever.

Premium Features