• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 apex won't even pop

D

drphil

Nov 26, 2007
Ran good last spring ....

Put new battery in.... Turns over smell 110 but no fire won't even pop

Checked fuses and plug ins.....
Headlights don't come on when cranking over
Fuel pump and guages do react

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Headlight doesn't turn on until the sled starts. Make sure you didn't miss a power or ground wire that was hooked to the battery.

S
Dec 1, 2010
Sparta, WI
Are you getting an error code? See if you are, sounds like it could be the stator sensor. Happened to mine old one once. I think the code will end up being "crankshaft position sensor". If that is the case you have to replace the entire stator. About an hour job if you do it yourself.
Otherwise, what else have you done to it since the last time you had it running? If it has sat all year might be worth getting rid of old fuel? Check spark plugs and gap?

D

drphil

Nov 26, 2007
It has the big boondocker turbo and has straight race fuel in it

I haven't done a thing to it other than the battery replacement

Where am I going to have any codes showing??

Putting new plugs in tomorrow .... It's getting fuel it sounds like its so close to starting just no fire ill be able to tell more when I get plugs out to see if I am getting spark

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
They can be hard to start and like to foul plugs with straight race gas. new plugs should do it. Cold temps and straight race fuel are really hard on plugs.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
It might be your pressure transducer associated with the boondocker box (if thats what your running?).
If the transducer gets wet and the moisture sits inside, it can malfunction and cause fuel to be dumped at lower RPMS even at startup. It basically floods the motor at startup with no chance of firing. You can try and blow it out with compressed air -- but it did not help me and I had to replace it.

2 minute fix if you have the part.

D

drphil

Nov 26, 2007
I found water in the fuel tank .... pulled the tank and all the lines cleaned them out heated the sled and ran fuel all thru back to the tank so I know I have new fuel to everything.

I have spark check by plugging the 2nd coil to the boot and turning sled over.
Dumped fuel down the 2 hole and put in plug and turned over .... NOTHING

Wont even pop.... starting fluid or anything.

D

drphil

Nov 26, 2007
BTW when I pulled the plug it had fuel on it.... not dripping so I think its good.

BAFFLED

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
The battery needs to be really strong, so try putting it on the charger for a while if you haven't yet.

Premium Features