• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DPM question

djm

Lifetime Membership
Summit Sport and DPM

The 2011 summit sport I have doesn't have dpm on it. Had a main jet in it about 9 sizes smaller then a flat land 500ss sled. I am sure it was dealer installed.

Go to the doo catolog fiche, there is no DPM solenoid or ambient air temperature probe listed for the 600 Summit Sport either - they don't have dpm on them sorry to say. You would have to use an 800 ECU and have it recurved to add dpm to the Summit Sport and probably the 800 wire harness and cluster to do so. Would be an expensive proposition.

Last edited:
C
Jan 12, 2011
If its carburated it has dpm, unless its a flatlander, it was an option. If its fuel injected there is no need for dpm as all fuel injection is computerized and altitude compensation is built in!

Last edited:
N

niles

Jan 5, 2009
nw iowa
I asked my dealer today and he said yes.
Then i reminded him that he sold one to a fella that i know who got it home and to his surprise no dpm. We ended the conversation with nothing acomplished.:face-icon-small-con

N

niles

Jan 5, 2009
nw iowa
If its carburated it has dpm, unless its a flatlander, it was an option. If its fuel injected there is no need for dpm as all fuel injection is computerized and altitude compensation is built in!

I looked for this option on the skidoo web site and could not find it. The reason i am so curious is cause i am interested in purchasing one from mnt pull if they have dpm.Are the 600 summit sports the 500 ss motor or the 600 ho?
IMO there is a big differance.

C
Jan 12, 2011
I looked for this option on the skidoo web site and could not find it. The reason i am so curious is cause i am interested in purchasing one from mnt pull if they have dpm.Are the 600 summit sports the 500 ss motor or the 600 ho?
IMO there is a big differance.

What year of 600? they were sdi before etec and when the etec was unleashed in the 600 in 2009 you could still get what they called a sport model which was the 600 HO carb with tm-40 mikunis and i thought if it was a summit it had dpm. should be easy to tell if you can look at the sled, should have the dpm manifold tubes connected to the carb float vents.

C
Jan 12, 2011
That is weird, maybe they didn't come with dpm, if not that is stupid. I can't find anything to show that i am right about dpm being on the summit. I would just try and peek in and see if you find the manifold with the dpm solenoid.

djm

Lifetime Membership
The summit sport is the 500ss engine - not the 600HO. I don't know how to tell you guys, but that sled doesn't have DPM. I have one of them in the garage. Totally disassembled it... put new plastic on it, put 600RS based 700HO in it.

The stock engine is a 500ss and they have no dpm. Wish it did. Guess who my 2011 Summit sport came from! Mt. Pull's dealer must have jetted the sled for his elevation. I want to say it had a 320 or 330 main jet in it... when it came from Utah. Stock they are jetted with a flat lander 420 and the dealer has to jet them for the altitude that you are going to be riding them at. Tomorrow I will go out and read the main jet that came out of the sled (500 ss) to confirm.

You can chose to believe me or not..... the Summit Sport is the low cost version to get into sledding in the mountains and has no dpm, has the 500ss engine... and is very durable. The 500ss runs pretty good in that sled because of the light weight. The 800R Pteks had dpm.

In 2010 and 2011 the 600HO engine in the summit was the ETEC.... didn't need dpm.

Adam, you wouldn't believe that sled now. I think the only original parts are the tunnel, e and s members, rear bumper and track, the rest has been replaced... ok, has stock wiring harness and cluster. ECU has been recurved by tom lawrance to hot 700 curve. ha ha.. now I am wishing I had put the 800R wiring harness on and with that recurved ECU, then I could put DPM on it. Ha ha.. would make more sense to have DPM on the mountain sled then the 700HO flat land sled.

Cory3671; there was no carbed 600HO in 2009. There was no Summit Sport in 2009. There was a Summit Everest 500ss which was the only 600 carbed summit sled in 2009. The only 600HO was the Etec in 2009. Go look at the doo fiche.. it spells it out.

Last edited:
C
Jan 12, 2011
The summit sport is the 500ss engine - not the 600HO. I don't know how to tell you guys, but that sled doesn't have DPM. I have one of them in the garage. Totally disassembled it... put new plastic on it, put 600RS based 700HO in it.

The stock engine is a 500ss and they have no dpm. Wish it did. Guess who my 2011 Summit sport came from! Mt. Pull's dealer must have jetted the sled for his elevation. I want to say it had a 320 or 330 main jet in it... when it came from Utah. Stock they are jetted with a flat lander 420 and the dealer has to jet them for the altitude that you are going to be riding them at. Tomorrow I will go out and read the main jet that came out of the sled (500 ss) to confirm.

You can chose to believe me or not..... the Summit Sport is the low cost version to get into sledding in the mountains and has no dpm, has the 500ss engine... and is very durable. The 500ss runs pretty good in that sled because of the light weight. The 800R Pteks had dpm.

In 2010 and 2011 the 600HO engine in the summit was the ETEC.... didn't need dpm.

Adam, you wouldn't believe that sled now. I think the only original parts are the tunnel, e and s members, rear bumper and track, the rest has been replaced... ok, has stock wiring harness and cluster. ECU has been recurved by tom lawrance to hot 700 curve. ha ha.. now I am wishing I had put the 800R wiring harness on and with that recurved ECU, then I could put DPM on it. Ha ha.. would make more sense to have DPM on the mountain sled then the 700HO flat land sled.

Cory3671; there was no carbed 600HO in 2009. There was no Summit Sport in 2009. There was a Summit Everest 500ss which was the only 600 carbed summit sled in 2009. The only 600HO was the Etec in 2009. Go look at the doo fiche.. it spells it out.

Sorry not specific as i was refering to 09/10 season 2010 model year in which they were all called 600's whether they refer to the carb one as 500ss in the fiche or they adveritise it as a 600 at 597cc versus the 600 etec at 594cc thats all a ski doo thing, that is still a 600 by term not a 500. I am no expert on the 500ss motor as i did not know that was its true model. most of the 600's i've been around were sdi's or etecs, i did know they had a carb option but thanks for clearing that up! Owe and I can't read!

Premium Features