• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Standalone fuel / timing system

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Well finally , got out to Revey. this last weekend and got the standalone system tuned , still have a couple areas to work on with the altitude map , all i have to say is this thing work , the throttle transition is so fast and smooth , and throttle response is unreal , and the power is nuts , i had to set my boost controler down to 10LB , at 15 LB it is nuts , running the Daltons A3 fully loaded to 95.5 grams and hitting the rev. limiter at 11000 rpm
Now the fun starts , will be heading out every other weekend to fine tune and just ride , it going to take abit getting use to this , it was a long time getting it , but well worth it .
Gunner.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
You have just had that bad boy in the shop too long to remember what it used to be like.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
That's great, must be pulling hard.

Yes it is pulling very hard , i have never felted the secondary open so hard and fast .
You have just had that bad boy in the shop too long to remember what it used to be like.

I remember , and it was a long time in the making , but well worth it:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Good job! Sounds like its pulling hard for sure.Its been a long road for ya glad to see your almost done:present:

A
Dec 2, 2007
Mammoth Lakes
If there is enough interest, Motec has expressed interest in doing ECUs for our market. They just got into the watercraft market also. Anyone know if the ECU is the same in the watercraft and sleds? I know Skidoo/seadoo are the same.

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
If there is enough interest, Motec has expressed interest in doing ECUs for our market. They just got into the watercraft market also. Anyone know if the ECU is the same in the watercraft and sleds? I know Skidoo/seadoo are the same.

Isnt Motec one of the most expensive standalones out there? And even if you buy an ecu from them it doesnt include everyting, they charge extra to open up some of the features..... What we need is an inexpensive standalone ecu with basemaps ready for different sleds. Which has an easy to understand software. I know Vi-pec has a nice marine ecu that costs around $1500-2000 that would suit this purpose...and i have use the software, its very selfexplained and easy to use.

Astro: How much do they want for a Motec?

A
Dec 2, 2007
Mammoth Lakes
Right now I think the plug and play setups for the watercraft is 2400 or something like that. Uses the M400 and comes with a harness to plug into all the existing stuff on the engine. Also has the maps to get you going. If they get into the snowmobile market I'm sure it will be something along those lines.

I'll be talking to the Motec owner this afternoon so I'll hopefully be able to find out some more info.

If you want to look at the software you can download it from Motec. I've been running the M400 for the last 3 years and I wouldn't use anything else. Do you really want a "cheap" ECU? There is a reason Motec has the reputation it has.

I just played with their Knock module and it will allow you to run right up to the edge of detonation. I learned that I could run almost 8 more degrees of timing than what I was running

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Developed from scratch?? Or is it based on a existing model like autronic, vipec, motec etc....?

Interesting to see another approach for engine management.

He's running the Vipec

Premium Features