• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 Nytro Subframe

T
Love the 08 MTX Nytro, but keep tweeking the sub frames, replaced one subframe with the 09 update. tweeked it and a stock 08 within 20 minutes. Is there a fix for these? Has anyone had them pulled out straight in a auto frame shop?
Will the BarkBuster fix the problem after pulling it straight? Thanks for any ideas and help! Ty

M
Nov 26, 2007
Centennial CO
What are you running into???? Over 1200 miles of off trail riding on mine and mines only slightly tweeked after hitting a 4x4 post at 35mph that was partially buried. The damage to the sled was minimal considering how far I flew when I hit the post.. Not out of whack enough to worry about it... :confused:

T
Not much

The first one last year, we didn't hit anything we that knew of, we just noticed one ski was a couple of inches back. Our dealer told us if you go through a dip/ gully at a 45 degree angle where one ski is flexing more than the other with side ways pressure is how they have had it happen to their own Nytros.
This time I was going 5-10 mph passing around a group of sleds stopped on the trail and hit a 3-4 inch rock , ski hit at an angle. This would have normally just put a gouge in the ski but it tweaked the front end again. The other one was following me in powder and felt something, again while turning. We couldn't even find what it was. I have been sledding for 20 plus years, owned many makes/models and never had problems like this from these type of minor hits. I really like the sled but can't keep replacing sub frames more often than 2 stroke spark plugs!
My wife and I are not hard on sleds and thought these would last for many years, but these issues will have to be resolved or we will be back on Ski-Doo 2/smokes

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
I have not tweaked mine yet, but then I have had the barkbuster on from the git go...others tweak them in the first 30 minutes of riding...even with the new gussets on the new ones, there are issues...

M
Nov 26, 2007
Centennial CO
Yeah of all things for Yamaha to screw up something as simple as the FRAME?? :confused:
Are they bending enough to even worry about??? I know it's not the right answer to just ignore it but it's got to be better than leaving Yammie... :D

M
Nov 27, 2007
Fort st. John B.C
i ride 08 nytro love the sled but if you sit down & look at all the problems with them sub frames,cracked oil tanks,wet left foot,sliders & drivers wear out to fast,pos track, & the list goes on.my experiance with them has not bin good the only thing i got on warranty was throttle cable fixed every thing else i payed for my self i spent more money keeping it maintained then i did when i owned a 2 stroke sled. the 2 strokes might blow up but everything else runs fine on them my 97 summit is still running with no problem for the last 4 years since i rebuilt the motor.my yamaha has cost me $ evertime i ride right now it will not start code 12 so more $ to spend on it.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
well, the wet left foot thing is not a warranty, but is a service bulletin...and the part is free...last I checked Skidoo was still telling customers "What left foot?" they were blaming the boots...

as to the oil tank, should have been warrantied if sled was still under warranty...had mine done, and have had others done under warranty...sub frames are being covered by some dealers, but your dealer (as always) is either your advocate or not...if not, find another dealer...

the sliders and track...no excuses, those are pathetic!!!! The drivers, have not seen man of those wear out...most have hifax plastic on them from smoking the hifax too much...

M
Nov 27, 2007
Fort st. John B.C
well, the wet left foot thing is not a warranty, but is a service bulletin...and the part is free...last I checked Skidoo was still telling customers "What left foot?" they were blaming the boots...

as to the oil tank, should have been warrantied if sled was still under warranty...had mine done, and have had others done under warranty...sub frames are being covered by some dealers, but your dealer (as always) is either your advocate or not...if not, find another dealer...

the sliders and track...no excuses, those are pathetic!!!! The drivers, have not seen man of those wear out...most have hifax plastic on them from smoking the hifax too much...

yes all my problems have bin the dealer i got zero help from them."What left foot?" they were blaming the boots that is what was said to me about my ny tro.mtdream thanks for your help with my code 12 i found the problem today starter relay now ready to ride.all sleds no matter what brand have there own problems but we still fix them & ride.i had more than my share of problems with my nytro but i still would not get rid of it love the 4 stroke i just wish yamaha would do a little more to help with some of these problems that keep happening to people over & over again

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
Are you sure you're not bending a-arms? My subframe has taken some incredibly hard hits and is still mostly straight but I have bent my fare share of a-arms. Snagging the carbide hard will rotate the spindle back pushing the upper a-arm forward. I can usually just bend them back with a prybar.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Centennial CO
Are you sure you're not bending a-arms? My subframe has taken some incredibly hard hits and is still mostly straight but I have bent my fare share of a-arms. Snagging the carbide hard will rotate the spindle back pushing the upper a-arm forward. I can usually just bend them back with a prybar.

You mean like this???? Incredibly hard hit...

Nytro 013.jpg

Premium Features