• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 Nytro heated grips??

J
Feb 6, 2009
Montana
Just rode my Nytro for the first time today and found that the heated grips REALLY SUCK!! My hands froze all day. It was cold granted but I never even felt them. Even on the roads with the motor pinned still no heat. Is this a common problem or do I need to get them fixed??

Thanks, Jake

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I tried the handwarmer box from the guy over on TY. Seems to do the trick on my Apex. I actually get heat all day long. Worth the money to fix the junky stock design.

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
I think i am going to get that box as well. The hand grips suck!!! I also think i shorted one grip out. Anyone ever have a problem with that?

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
No issues with shorted out grips yet, but it can happen though. They are easy to test with an ohmn meter. Resistance between the two wires at each grip should be 6.12 to 7.48 ohmns at 68 degrees F. With an OL (open) reading between the wires and ground.
Also I think if you have a shorted grip, it will set a trouble code and turn on the check engine light.

Last edited:
Premium Features