• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Husa 570 Supermotor front fork setup

D

DieselTwitch

Dec 23, 2007
Gunnison, Colorado
I installed my front ski last night on my 11' Husa 570 Super Moto. I ran in to a problem that there is not much I can do to make it any better, But I want to see how others have work with it.

Because I have radially mounted front brakes its holds the clam ¾" off the bottom of the fork. Where my KTM 500 clamp is only ¼" of the bottom of the fork tube. Is there any ways around this? there simply isn't enough room to get the clamp any lower. I was going to tighten up the compression dampening as much as I can to help keep the from from slamming down. It already has supper stiff Super motor springs in it. But I may need to look for stiffer ones.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
U
Sep 12, 2010
Perhaps machine a clamp with notches to clear the brake mount and enough material outside to have the proper strength? I don't know how much room you are working with so I am just spitballing here. Could be cheaper/faster/better than different fork tubes.

D

DieselTwitch

Dec 23, 2007
Gunnison, Colorado
Perhaps machine a clamp with notches to clear the brake mount and enough material outside to have the proper strength? I don't know how much room you are working with so I am just spitballing here. Could be cheaper/faster/better than different fork tubes.

I thought about that but there isn't much room left. if I remove even 100 thou I'm in to the bolt hole in the clamp its self

D

DieselTwitch

Dec 23, 2007
Gunnison, Colorado
Heres my KTM 500 XCW
IMG_3790_zpsbc96d232.jpg

Heres my Husa FS570 Supermoto (It looks tiled, its not. Lens effect. I hit it with a square.
IMG_3789_zps386b79e9.jpg

Premium Features