• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 dragon wont idol

P

polhiker

Nov 2, 2002
Chinook,montana
when you first start it cold it idols really low so that the guage blinks some time it dies,when its warmed up runs fine.can someone tell me why

i just went through this with my 08 D700 and it was my spark plugs. I have read in the forums about running the Champion RN57YCC plugs in this sled to get the best performance.....I found very different. I had to order these plugs in because no one carries them in stock, and i didn't get two or four, i got six. The first brand new set fouled while warming up on the sled deck, then i made it 60 yards down the trail and the next set fouled. All i could think is that i had some crappy fuel in the lines from the previous owner, as i just got the sled with 1400 miles on it, so the last set of plugs went in and i pinned it down the trail for about 20 km until my hands were froze and i needed to stop......and then it wouldn't start. I pulled the plugs and cleaned them up with emery cloth and check to see if they had spark and they had a weak spark so they went back in and nothing. We tried everything we could think of to get it to run thinking that they are new plugs and can't be the issue. So we ended up sticking a set of old NGK BR8ES plugs in to just see if it would run.....I ripped around the mountains for the rest of the day with a big grin on my face on those old plugs. I came home and picked up the proper NGK BPR9ES plugs for the sled and hope they keep the smile going.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
when you first start it cold it idols really low so that the guage blinks some time it dies,when its warmed up runs fine.can someone tell me why

In addition to all mentioned, ADD throttle body boots

The original ones develope rips/cracks/tears in them, gotta twist 'em and inspect closely with a flashlight to find 'em

New improved version available from POLARIS

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
In addition to all mentioned, ADD throttle body boots

The original ones develope rips/cracks/tears in them, gotta twist 'em and inspect closely with a flashlight to find 'em

New improved version available from POLARIS

Agree with Kraven. Might be able to spray some carb cleaner around the boots and see if they are pulling air. Are you using normal amounts of oil. Any additional pre-mix? Hope ya get it. EW

Premium Features