• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutching on a pro x

Feb 18, 2009
wyoming
just woundering if someone could help out as you can see im a ski-doo rider so i dont know to much about the clutch on a polaris but i bought my boy a 2002 pro-x 600 and the clutching needs some help if you ride it w.o.t it does great but i dont think my 11 year old needs to be doing that if you ride it like a trail sled the clutch engages hard and at a high rpm just woundering if someone had info on where i need to be or even a good starting point thanks

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Polaris dark blue/white spring in primary, 60g weights matched. Previous owner must have installed a stiffer primary spring for holeshots. 40 pilots, jet mains for elevation and temps or install Tempaflow.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
I'd also drop the front arm mounting position on the tunnel 7/8", rear suspension will work properly in the bumps and deep snow and not trench.

K
Nov 19, 2008
Michigan
I'd also drop the front arm mounting position on the tunnel 7/8", rear suspension will work properly in the bumps and deep snow and not trench.

does anybody have a picture of this mod? Also my 2002 has two sets of mounting holes on the bottom of the front torque arm, where it attaches to the rails.. Is there a benefit to using one position over the other? I see the newer models only have the lower hole.

Premium Features