• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Rides >??

Status
Not open for further replies.
D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
So since there isn't any snow to ride on yet. Maybe if we set some tentative dates for a few forum rides, might bring the snow in. We all know that where the snow is and weather permitting will make or break, but better to have a plan. So whats everyone think ?

Valdez
Eureka
Turny
Lost Lake
Petersville
Cantwell
Summit/Arctic Man

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
never been to cantwell, so thats where my vote goes.. have no clue on when..

yup.:)

Eureka would be my second choice..

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I think Eureka makes for a great forum ride venue, when they have snow of course. Good food, good mix of riding, good drinks :) :beer;

And beds to pass out in

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
I think Eureka makes for a great forum ride venue, when they have snow of course. Good food, good mix of riding, good drinks :) :beer;

And beds to pass out in

Chad makes a strong point above.... Additionally, Eureka offers one of the safer riding areas Alaska has to offer, trips out there can be enjoyable for riders of all skill levels.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
....Revelstoke B.C.:D:D:D

Any one down?

I would be, always wanted to ride in Canada!

We threw together a Eureka ride a few years ago when they had plenty of snow and it sure was a nice turnout. Plenty of places to ride and of course it can accomidate most riding skills out there.

l_a9a916a085c84e2271c63e07e13dede9.jpg

I
Nov 26, 2007
Eureka is a long haul for the fairbanks crews, Cantwell is more central and has lodging too. Similiar terrain as well. But, we have this discussion every year :D

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
So since there isn't any snow to ride on yet. Maybe if we set some tentative dates for a few forum rides, might bring the snow in. We all know that where the snow is and weather permitting will make or break, but better to have a plan. So whats everyone think ?

Valdez
Eureka
Turny
Lost Lake
Petersville
Cantwell
Summit/Arctic Man

I wouldn't mind a Eureka ride never done it..

Valdez, let's plan on March I will get some dates..I am open to sug. :beer;:beer;

M
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks
Eureka would be fun, I have not ridden there either. The Valdez forum ride last year was fun, and challenging. Only got to ride one day do to getting socked in. Maybe we could just do a forum ride in Valdez the Thursday before the Hillclimbs. Otherwise the end of February, or beggining of March. Maybe we can plan on Eureka during spring break, which I believe is the second weekend of March for Fairbanks. If we do that then my wife gets to come along.

W

wpnyturbo

Oct 15, 2009
you should check on the dates for revy because thompson pass hill climbs are a week after yama fest and by the way that is a good pic of the group just wish it was bigger think im 8th from the right and that was a fun ride.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska

Any one down?

Im going:D Yamafest!!!!!

And beds to pass out in

Eureka was a fun ride for sure, also did a cantwell forum ride a few years back that was great. I think a seward ride would be fun as well for the south guys to join in on.

A
Dec 13, 2007
Wasilla

Any one down?

A few of us from the Slope have been thinking about B.C as well.
We were thinking Stewart.
Does anyone know what the status of the Stewart Mountain Lodge is? We heard it was sold. Is it still open?

A tractor/trailer to haul all the sleds and a Party bus would sure make the drive a lot more fun:beer;:D

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
A few of us from the Slope have been thinking about B.C as well.
We were thinking Stewart.
Does anyone know what the status of the Stewart Mountain Lodge is? We heard it was sold. Is it still open?

A tractor/trailer to haul all the sleds and a Party bus would sure make the drive a lot more fun:beer;:D

You sloper's make too damn much money!! I can barely get up to Thompson Pass. I would love a B.C. trip, but I haven't ridden all that Alaska has to offer yet. I will get the dates for Valdez in March.:beer;:beer;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features