• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Boss seats Edge

B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
I emailed boss and asked for a pic of the new seat. Price is $399 this is the only option, black highrise with pouch. I'm thinking about putting my order in.

What do you guys think of the new seat?

EdgeSeats003.jpg

L

locknload

Dec 5, 2007
Looks like a nice seat, is it lighter then last years model? Whats the web address or phone #, I think I may place an order also.

B
Dec 21, 2006
It looks a lot like the BOSS seat that they made for Cat last year. I would want to know what the differences are because the Cat version had a lot of problems. That is why I heard that it was a 1 year relationship

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
For what it's worth I currently have a Boss high rise that is a couple of years old and have had no issues. I also had a Boss seat (old style) prior to this with no issues on that one either. Maybe they had a QC issue when producing a high volume of the Cat seats?...just MY experience and .02 :beer;

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
I've been quoted $380 shipped for the new seat, from vendors on the sight. Should be about a month till they arrive.

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
Is 399 a special price? Don't they usually run closer to 500?

Yeah, I paid over 5hundo for mine. I believe that he stated above that they are cheaper because they are made differently now(the style in the pic) and all come in only one color black???:beer;

M
Jul 5, 2001
Wyoming
seat

I just paid 450 for last years style on my son's 02 Edge.

If the price went down- I know Jim well enough that something had to offset his pricing reduction. Boss has NEVER been below 400 bones.

So if the machine cutting /molding of the seat plays into this- nothing beats a hand made anything vs mass produced, and only a month waiting period:eek:

Just doesn't make me feel to warm compaired to years past quality and warranty.

MD.

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
so how would all the zippers work with them all packed with ice and snow...?:confused:
anyone ever think of this?
or are they made to work fine in that kind of conditions?

Also, i might break down and get one....if they are really retailed at 399!

Where can i find one on the net?

T

TravRMK

Feb 1, 2004
Pocatello, ID
I had a BOSS highrise on my 03 edge, and the zipper always worked no matter how much ice and snow was on it. I like this model better though.

W

Wayniac

Nov 26, 2007
sunny Seattle
I just got mine today from GoBigParts. The seat feels great on the sled and I like the storage compartments. The foam is nice and stiff too.

Premium Features