• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Low compression 02 edge 500

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
So my bud gets this sled for his new girlfriend, not sure if she'll even like to ride or not.
Compression is low 90 each cyl. I say do a top end.
I've always refreshed the top end 100 or less,
But he wants to run it cuz he afraid she won't ride more than 2 or 3 times.
Will the sled just lack performance? She won't notice it's slower than should be.
Or at that low is he going to get 10 miles out and it not run?
If he does run it like that, I don't think I'm going with if she's riding. Or will it run but just be a putz, I can deal with that. When I ride with my daughter I have to turn it WAY DOWN. Can't lose her our in the bush, my wife would strangle me:face-icon-small-ton

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Ring damage could cause sudden catastrophic failure. Then you have a choice. You either leave your girlfriend out in the sticks to walk back, or you tow the sled out. mmmmm? Don't take too long in choosing.

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
Ring damage could cause sudden catastrophic failure. Then you have a choice. You either leave your girlfriend out in the sticks to walk back, or you tow the sled out. mmmmm? Don't take too long in choosing.

Its my riding partners girlfriend. See you back at the trailer LOL.
Thats why I wonder, may not ride with him if she's with. Waiting for his report on her riding skills also, his last girl, went to Mi. with him never got ovet 25mph. I'm not riding like that.

Premium Features