For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2019, 08:00 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
rkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond repute
Default BCA 2.0

Anybody else having issues with the 2.0? So far my old one works better.
Sometimes I won’t get any incoming unless I turn it off and back on.
Another buddies just started beeping and wouldn’t do anything until we Turned it off and back on.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-29-2019, 10:12 AM
Currently: Trying to find a good duck hunting hole
Basic Member
salmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen nothing positive about any of the BCA radios. Guys I know with them are constantly bitching about them. I have run a Boafang the last 4 yrs and its been flawless. Same $6 shoulder mic too.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:15 AM
Basic Member
rkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond reputerkm has a reputation beyond repute

My original has been great. If you asked me based on performance, Id say the original was the second version and the 2.0 was the first prototype.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:10 PM
Currently: Wishing I lived closer to the top....
Mort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine works great. Had an issue with plastics during manufacturing and BCA replaced it no questions asked. 1st version, not 2.0.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:12 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 16,329 Times in 7,822 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Just got 2 new V2 radios last night.
Will have them out on the SnoWest Forum ride this weekend to see how they work.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:52 AM
Currently: Waiting for snow
frntflp has a reputation beyond reputefrntflp has a reputation beyond reputefrntflp has a reputation beyond reputefrntflp has a reputation beyond reputefrntflp has a reputation beyond reputefrntflp has a reputation beyond reputefrntflp has a reputation beyond reputefrntflp has a reputation beyond reputefrntflp has a reputation beyond reputefrntflp has a reputation beyond reputefrntflp has a reputation beyond repute

No issues with mine. Hope it stays that way !

'18 Axys Pro RMK 800 155 SC
'15 Switchback Assault 800 - 60 th Anniv. Ed

Old 01-30-2019, 08:27 AM
Basic Member
salmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond repute

I was at BCA in boulder last month. I bought a new avy vest and the zipper kept coming undone. It was obvious it was not aligned correctly, but they tired to say I wasn't zipping it right, that I had to FORCE it down. I have been using zippers for many many yrs and i have never had to force a zipper to work, even on a cheap Costco jacket. And to suggest it on a $900 product? I was very disappointed on BCA as a whole. Guy assisting me left 5 min into the meeting. No more BCA for me.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:41 AM
blastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond repute

Imho, The bca link is a seriously overpriced toy. If you could buy it direct from china, it would cost about $9 + shipping.

I also have serious issues with Mike Duffy being such a proponent of the link and his stupid 9-11 emergency channel idea. I had some respect for Mike and his avi knowledge/instruction until, he started bad mouthing the baofeng and promoting the link. Now I have to question everything he says...

Sorry, back on subject....
The link meets FCC criteria for the FRS channels. Never intended to reliably communicate more than 3/4ths of a mile. These things are really only good for just a little further than you can shout. You know, one side of the Wal-Mart to the other.

The baofeng bf-888 (2 watt uhf 16 channel) can be had for $10. I consider it junk but, still 3 times the radio that the link is.

Get a real, cheap Chinese radio so that, you can enjoy reliable comms in the backcountry.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Old 02-01-2019, 10:37 AM
Basic Member

I understand the limitations of the BCA vs a real radio. But until someone comes up with a mic to rival the BCA, the BCA will still be king of the mountain.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkm View Post
I understand the limitations of the BCA vs a real radio. But until someone comes up with a mic to rival the BCA, the BCA will still be king of the mountain.
The Mic is the worst part of the BCA. I have seen them become unplugged, channel changed by accident, and water in speaker. My $6 boafang mic is going on 4 yrs. Most of my group is dumping the BCA's and switching to BF.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:31 PM
blastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 02-02-2019, 10:29 AM
Currently: Let 'er SNOW!!
Timbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-02-2019, 05:54 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 02-02-2019, 06:58 PM
SpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-02-2019, 07:55 PM
Currently: Wanting more snow
NHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-04-2019, 01:25 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to rkm For This Useful Post:
sledhead9825 (02-18-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 03:14 PM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 02-04-2019, 04:02 PM
Currently: Let 'er SNOW!!
Timbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-04-2019, 04:50 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to salmonbum For This Useful Post:
christopher (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 05:02 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
Timbre (02-05-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 07:14 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 02-04-2019, 07:50 PM
Currently: Wanting more snow
NHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NHRoadking For This Useful Post:
christopher (02-04-2019), sledhead9825 (02-18-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 10:19 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 02-05-2019, 06:11 PM
snoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to snoballssnoglory For This Useful Post:
snoballssnoglory (02-05-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 10:52 PM
Currently: Looking forward to the weekend.
Basic Member
Jason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Jason4 For This Useful Post:
christopher (02-05-2019)