For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: TURBO Turbo discussion for Polaris aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2019, 10:38 AM
Currently: Silberturbo axys
Basic Member
alfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond repute
Post Afr numbers?

I have a -16 axys with a silberturbo and lowcomp head.
After install of lowcomp head 11.3-1 (because of bad fuel here in Sweden) i have problems getting it to not det, and lots of lag.
Bought a PC V fuel and ignition and started tuning, but doesn’t seem to get it all the way, so i bought a autotune.
But what afr numbers should i aim for? Low/mid/wot?
Is it the same numbers as on 4stroke?
I have tuned cars.
Thanks /Daniel

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-18-2019, 10:43 AM
Basic Member
alfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond reputealfadanne has a reputation beyond repute

Ride at sealevel and 5psi

Old 01-18-2019, 11:12 AM
Currently: Not set.
Octanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond repute

Let me know your findings, not as related. But I'm also in the same sort of. Boat, lots of. Lagg and bog, and det codes which I believe are artificial. Leaning out my map helps the lag but seems to still want to throw det somehow.

That said at wide open they say shoot for 11.5 ish

The Following User Says Thank You to Octanee For This Useful Post:
alfadanne (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 07:19 PM
sledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octanee View Post
Let me know your findings, not as related. But I'm also in the same sort of. Boat, lots of. Lagg and bog, and det codes which I believe are artificial. Leaning out my map helps the lag but seems to still want to throw det somehow.

That said at wide open they say shoot for 11.5 ish
11.5 is to Fat. Octanee.. You have a Boost-it sled correct? You should be looking for 12.2 -12.4 WOT. Idle 14.2 but if its not wheezing don't worry about it. Mid don't worry about it. Polaris has them running in the 16.1 range.
I can't see running a low comp head. Before boost its going to feel soggy. 2 stroke numbers are NOT the same as 4 stroke.

The Following User Says Thank You to sledhead9825 For This Useful Post:
alfadanne (01-19-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 09:22 PM
Octanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead9825 View Post
11.5 is to Fat. Octanee.. You have a Boost-it sled correct? You should be looking for 12.2 -12.4 WOT. Idle 14.2 but if its not wheezing don't worry about it. Mid don't worry about it. Polaris has them running in the 16.1 range.
I can't see running a low comp head. Before boost its going to feel soggy. 2 stroke numbers are NOT the same as 4 stroke.
good info! yes I'm boost it. and Interesting, I'm unsure then of where I was told that 11.5, could of swore I read it. that being said I'll try leaning my sled out some more LOL. I know my yamaha I think I was told/ran it at ~11-11.5:1 under boost. Figure'd it'd be the same on the 2 stroke...? especially since they need more cooling than a 4 stroke to keep the melt downs away. I have noticed the sled down the trail mid range ish likes ~16:1 or so. Always sort of worried me. And like wise sled idles 14 Ish.

Old 01-19-2019, 04:23 PM
sledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octanee View Post
good info! yes I'm boost it. and Interesting, I'm unsure then of where I was told that 11.5, could of swore I read it. that being said I'll try leaning my sled out some more LOL. I know my yamaha I think I was told/ran it at ~11-11.5:1 under boost. Figure'd it'd be the same on the 2 stroke...? especially since they need more cooling than a 4 stroke to keep the melt downs away. I have noticed the sled down the trail mid range ish likes ~16:1 or so. Always sort of worried me. And like wise sled idles 14 Ish.
I have had a couple of Boost-It Sleds. Neil would tell me to shoot for 12.2. They run real strong there.

The Following User Says Thank You to sledhead9825 For This Useful Post:
Octanee (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 11:58 PM
Currently: Boost is addictive
Thanked 1,615 Times in 1,018 Posts
Sheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfadanne View Post
I have a -16 axys with a silberturbo and lowcomp head.
After install of lowcomp head 11.3-1 (because of bad fuel here in Sweden) i have problems getting it to not det, and lots of lag.
Bought a PC V fuel and ignition and started tuning, but doesn’t seem to get it all the way, so i bought a autotune.
But what afr numbers should i aim for? Low/mid/wot?
Is it the same numbers as on 4stroke?
I have tuned cars.
Thanks /Daniel
The silber reflash works extremely well at low elevation here in alaska.

Any reason you decided you wanted to do it yourself? (The tuning)

Put the stock head back in and run straight 100 octane (aviation fuel)

They rip.
No det.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sheetmetalfab For This Useful Post:
sledhead9825 (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 01:12 AM
Basic Member

No one sell AV fuel in Sweden.
Everything works great with the kit if you mix the fuel as silber says 👍

Old 01-20-2019, 11:03 AM
Currently: Doing the Sidekick Switch
Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,006 Posts
richracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond repute

A buddy of mine that had multiple boosted sleds, several in the 300HP range, told to watch for the 12.5 while full throttle.

My '16 800HO with the BD Sidekick Switch idles around the mid 14s AFR, cruising down the trail, 15-16s (5000-6000 RPMs) AFR. If I blip the throttle on the trail the AFR instantly drops to 14 to mid 12s depending on how much throttle I gave it.

In regards to the trail cruising 15-16 AFR numbers, I was a little concerned, so I asked the guy that built the Bully Dog turbo tune I have in my ECU about those numbers, and he stated, "Until the engine comes on the pipe, AFR readings will be overly lean on a gauge but not actually in the engine."

The Following User Says Thank You to richracer1 For This Useful Post:
alfadanne (01-20-2019)
Old 01-26-2019, 06:22 AM
Basic Member
Old 01-26-2019, 08:27 AM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 01-26-2019, 10:08 AM
Currently: 2019-2020 winter on the way
Thanked 2,641 Times in 959 Posts
TRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-27-2019, 03:52 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 01-27-2019, 03:55 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register