• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tracks - Yeti vs CMX?

S
Sep 2, 2016
Park City, UTAH
Found this picture from SnowBike Alliance, but made me wonder if anyone has experience between the new Yeti Track (left) & CMX (right)? I know, the Yeti is brand new this season, so its probably rare to find direct comparison yet.

Got pricing on both, and the the Yeti was $150 less than CMX

Probably run the new Yeti, based on cost.

Thanks!

Capture.JPG

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
Having ridden the older Yeti and the CMX... and the Timbersled of old and the ARO the key difference that has made the ARO and CMX so good was the thickness of the lugs.

That photo looks like the new Yeti are really thick, as thick as the CMX. That's where all the hookup seems to come from, the lugs don't lay down under power.

Not the real world you wanted, but id' say they will be very equal. Chris Neibauer had the CMX last year and is on a 2019 Yeti. He can give you real world feedback. So can Geoff Kyle free ride tours.

Chrisneibauer is his handle on snowest.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Found this picture from SnowBike Alliance, but made me wonder if anyone has experience between the new Yeti Track (left) & CMX (right)? I know, the Yeti is brand new this season, so its probably rare to find direct comparison yet.

Got pricing on both, and the the Yeti was $150 less than CMX

Probably run the new Yeti, based on cost.

Thanks!

I have both Tracks, Both are excellent. CMX has stiffer lugs , New Yeti appear stiff however tips flex back after a few rides , The hook up on both tracks is exceptional.

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
I have a 129 cmx track and ride with a new Yeti 129. The new Yeti track will likely prove to be a better ALL AROUND track. I would buy what ever you get the best deal on as the side by side comparisons are almost identical.

M
Sep 19, 2016
Track comparison

The Camso track is supposing to be a harder rubber. They are almost identical in design and looks. Made by the same company. Price point is the answer.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The Camso track is supposing to be a harder rubber. They are almost identical in design and looks. Made by the same company. Price point is the answer.

Very inaccurate . The camso is much softer than the CMX, It will appear similar however after 2 rides the paddles all bend back, The camso will hold rpm,s up higher the CMX will bite very hard , So just depends what conditions ewe wish the track to shine in and the HP ewer pushing. Both excellent tracks,I have the 129 CMX, 129 Camso and the 129SS camso here. A track that works best in the morning may not work best in the afternoon as sun settles the snow, Its an ever changing canvas,,

Last edited:
E
Dec 19, 2007
I haven't seen the yeti yet but the cmx is way stiffer than the camso. It's got a really nice predictable feel on the hard pack because the paddles don't fold at all and there is a 1/4"tapper to the outside which surprisingly must be just enough to feel the right amount of lean in without flopping.

So far the cmx has been king in the baseless faceted sugar snow we have right now.

The belting on the cmx seems stiff and it doesn't have any holes cut in the middle so I might have do drill some.

Last edited:

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
I haven't seen the yeti yet but the cmx is way stiffer than the camso. It's got a really nice predictable feel on the hard pack because the paddles don't fold at all and there is a 1/4"tapper to the outside which surprisingly must be just enough to feel the right amount of lean in without flopping.

So far the cmx has been king in the baseless faceted sugar snow we have right now.

The belting on the cmx seems stiff and it doesn't have any holes cut in the middle so I might have do drill some.

Interesting that the CMX does best in the suger snow. I swapped a max trak 2 for a CMX narrowed up to 11+". I noticed that it dragged my rpm down a little, hooked up great in firmer thicker snow, but also felt the max trak 2 would outperform in the deep. I felt that I trenched out sooner with the CMX. In all fairness my Ktm 450 experienced a motor failure shortly there after and the bike that I felt outperformed mine ran very strong. Honda with racehead and PR2. I am leaning toward the new Yeti track,but love hearing all the experiences from yall.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK

Avoid the drilling , it's very easy to see why you don't want the extra holes in good snow conditions . Watch a machine that has the holes take off from a stand still in deep soft conditions . it shovels snow into the track which might not sound like a big deal but it also allows the track to drop/trench more that a track without the center holes . Leave the tracks with the holes to ditch pounding :)

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Avoid the drilling , it's very easy to see why you don't want the extra holes in good snow conditions . Watch a machine that has the holes take off from a stand still in deep soft conditions . it shovels snow into the track which might not sound like a big deal but it also allows the track to drop/trench more that a track without the center holes . Leave the tracks with the holes to ditch pounding :)

not that simple. Holes placed Only behind a paddle will not pull snow into the skid and there is a pressure vacuum,, Holes in front on the paddle will force snow into the skid while spinning

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
CMX works better on firm snow. It is like a shovel. like mega shovel. climb a wall
Camso / Yeti works... maybe better on deep snow. It seems to pull a higher RPM.

I have had both. MaxTrak I/II is only good on light snow, but it does work very well there.

If you ride concrete a lot CMX is your friend. A mix, Camso/Yeti is good.

Premium Features