For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: 900 05-06 Polaris RMK 900

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Currently: just snowed 10 " last night winter is comin
Basic Member
cranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond repute
Default No fire

Got no fire on both cylinders,tried fresh plugs but no fire.Motor was starting to bog and miss when you stab the throttle but would clear up and run fine,when I say bog I mean like it would run rich,could really smell rich exhaust,during the same ride the gauge display would come off then on,eventually we stopped to take a brake and it would not restart.Imediately checked for fire to the plugs and nothing on both cylinders.I tested the stator earlier this year and it checked ok.I am wondering if the voltage regulator is toasted.Any ideas would be appreciated.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Currently: Wishing I lived closer to the mountains.
Z-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond repute

if you tested the stator earlier this year it may be bad now. Could be a short in your kill switch or wires to the key too. check all the wires for shorts first.

2005 RMK 900 ,TM1, VanAmburg, Turbo 162

2005 RMK 900 166 #0016 for sale

2005 RMK 900 163

Old 02-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
sloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a similar problem with mine on the weekend and it turned out to be the stator due to separation of the flywheel. I checked the stator a week ago prior to going on a trip and everything tested fine. My problem was with the blue-yellow, blue-green, blue-red wires 15 ohm wires...one of them was open due to an open stator coil. Luckily I found a used stator and flywheel and had her back on the trails within a few hours.

The Following User Says Thank You to sloan188 For This Useful Post:
Z-Man (02-22-2011)
Old 02-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Basic Member
cranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond reputecranktwister has a reputation beyond repute

I disconnected kill switch,grip warmers and key switch,I dont know if you can get fire with key switch disconnected.The reason I wasleaning towards voltage regulator was it was loose for awhile before I checked the stator earlier,thought it might be banging around and broke internally,I would think that I would get some sort of power out of the stator wether it be the dc side or ac side.Does anyone know on a runnig 900 if you pull it over if the headlights or gauges light up a little while hand cranking like my 02 800 rmk does?Thanks for any info

Old 02-23-2011, 07:59 AM
Basic Member
sloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond reputesloan188 has a reputation beyond repute

won't light during hand cranking...

Old 02-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Currently: enjoying the Mountains
jskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the Bacics
Check first for good spark then compression and see if the plugs are getting wet

Old 02-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloan188 View Post
won't light during hand cranking...
I know that sounded kinda funny,when I crank on my 02 800 rmk the head light slightly lights up because you are turning the engine over enough to produce enough voltage to light the headlight,therefore what I was getting at was if 900 did the same thing.Basically trying to see if it is producing any voltage when hand cranked.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskattum606 View Post
Back to the Bacics
Check first for good spark then compression and see if the plugs are getting wet
Well thats my first thing I check as stated above.no fire to both plugs.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Basic Member

Didn't sound funny at all...I knew exactly what you meant. The reason it won't work on this sled is that there is a relay that needs to be energized to allow power to be applied to things other than the ignition circuit. The relay isn't energized until after the sled starts; therefore, no lights when hand cranking...

If you have no spark on either cylinder then I would test the stator (even if you recently tested as in my case within a week it went from testing perfect to not so perfect and needing replacement).

Because you have no spark on either cylinder I would tend to believe that it's not a coil problem as it seems strange that both coils would fail at the same time (although stranger things could happen).

You can test the capacitor (although I don't think it does much to prevent you from getting spark).

Last edited by sloan188; 02-23-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Basic Member
Old 02-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Currently: enjoying the Mountains
jskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond reputejskattum606 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jskattum606 For This Useful Post:
cranktwister (02-24-2011), guidoxpress (02-24-2011)
Old 02-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 02-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Currently: Tearing up Alaskas BOMB POW
Thanked 1,328 Times in 939 Posts
guidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guidoxpress For This Useful Post:
cranktwister (02-28-2011), sloan188 (02-28-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 02-28-2011, 01:16 PM
guidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 02-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 02-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Z-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Currently: ready for snow
jsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to jsledder For This Useful Post:
Z-Man (02-28-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 08:35 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 02-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to guidoxpress For This Useful Post:
Z-Man (02-28-2011)
Old 03-01-2011, 02:23 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 03-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to cranktwister For This Useful Post:
Z-Man (03-01-2011)
Old 03-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Currently: rebuilding inventory
Basic Member
goat has a reputation beyond reputegoat has a reputation beyond reputegoat has a reputation beyond reputegoat has a reputation beyond reputegoat has a reputation beyond reputegoat has a reputation beyond reputegoat has a reputation beyond reputegoat has a reputation beyond reputegoat has a reputation beyond reputegoat has a reputation beyond reputegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-03-2011, 06:33 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 03-03-2011, 04:07 PM

Click Here to Register